R15 Caller ID

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
My caller Id is not working on my R15. I know that this has been talked about before, but It has been quiet lately, and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue yet. It did work after an upgrade in January for a while, but I noticed even by pressing the infamous red button to re-boot it, does not take care of it. :confused:

Do you have 25 calls on the list of calls? If so try deleting some. Mine stopped working but once I deleted them, it started working.

Mine quit working twice since purchasing in mid February. The last time occurred after three, 1 ring unanswered calls from overseas. A message came up saying that I needed to request caller id service from my phone company. I powered off and disconnected power for about 15 seconds. When it came back up caller id worked.

davidrumm said:
Do you have 25 calls on the list of calls? If so try deleting some. Mine stopped working but once I deleted them, it started working.

I tried this and it still does not work. I guess I should not be picky. It is a satellite reciever, to ask too much out of technology can cause frustration.

Try setting the DVR back to factory defaults. You will lose all of your recordings, but this fixed the disappearing caller ID problem for me.

mine has never worked. i would like an answer to this also.

ziolkojf said:
Mine quit working twice since purchasing in mid February. The last time occurred after three, 1 ring unanswered calls from overseas. A message came up saying that I needed to request caller id service from my phone company. I powered off and disconnected power for about 15 seconds. When it came back up caller id worked.

I tried this.. and no luck. :(

Upgrade Lately? said:
Try setting the DVR back to factory defaults. You will lose all of your recordings, but this fixed the disappearing caller ID problem for me.

I thought about that, I don't have a lot of recordings that I care about, but setting up my favorites list again would suck. And I think I would have to set up all my season passes again too. :( Oh well... I will live with it. :)

Well I fixed it. I did the "Cold Boot" routine. I reset the whole thing and lost all settings and recordings. (I didn't have anything on there I needed). I set up all the favorites again, and went through all the season passes I needed. But the caller ID is working again. :)

I have the same problem, mine actually worked for about a week. What is the "cold boot" method so I can try it?

Usually a cold-boot means to unplug the STB from the power, wait a few minutes (to allow drain), and plug it back in, I think he is referring to opening the card access door, and hitting the red button (which is really a warm hard boot/reset, that mimics a cold boot in most ways), and last, there is also a menu to 'Reset Everything' (which is a soft reset).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I actually got it to work again like 2 minutes after that post. All I did was clear the number (there was only one...not full) that was in the list of received calls and it started working again.

I've had this problem too intermittly and have found that if I disconnect the phone cord and re-connect it in the back of my R15 unit it will work for a week or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)