R15 & Wireless Internet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zippy the pinhead

Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
My parents have a DirecTV R15 receiver. Right now it connects with the DirecTV mothership via their Telco landline. They will be changing their setup to a cable modem with VOIP sometime soon, so the Telco landline will be more or less cut off.

I'm probably going to have to help them reconfigure everything, so I'm wondering whether I can use the USB port on the back of their R15 DVR for a wifi adapter.

I looked at the manual for the R15 on DirecTV.com, and all it says is that the USB ports are for "future use."

The VOIP system is Ooma, which supposedly works with DVRs that need to talk to a mothership. We have Ooma as well, and I was unable to get my old series 2 TiVo to talk to the TiVo mothership via Ooma VOIP; I could only make it connect via wifi.

Thanks in advance to anyone with helpful advice on this matter.

My parents have a DirecTV R15 receiver. Right now it connects with the DirecTV mothership via their Telco landline. They will be changing their setup to a cable modem with VOIP sometime soon, so the Telco landline will be more or less cut off.

I'm probably going to have to help them reconfigure everything, so I'm wondering whether I can use the USB port on the back of their R15 DVR for a wifi adapter.

I looked at the manual for the R15 on DirecTV.com, and all it says is that the USB ports are for "future use."

The VOIP system is Ooma, which supposedly works with DVRs that need to talk to a mothership. We have Ooma as well, and I was unable to get my old series 2 TiVo to talk to the TiVo mothership via Ooma VOIP; I could only make it connect via wifi.

Thanks in advance to anyone with helpful advice on this matter.

Your parents will need the R22 which is internet capable.;)

And a better DVR(more features) than the R15.;):welcome

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

questions about dvrs

HR21 Front Panel Lights Not Working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts