R22 is now a HR22

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is what they should make to save money buy making one receiver then if you want dvr, they send you a hard drive to plug in, if you want hd they turn it on for you

I have both an HR21 and R22. I already sub to HD and have the newest dish. But as we still use an older SD set in one room, I had a R22 put in there. If that old set were to break down, I would be tempted to either buy a small HD set or move our HD set into that room and get a new large one for our primary viewing room.

Under this scenario, being able to have the R22 software upgraded to HD would be perfect. Wouldn't need a large drive on it. Would be much easier to have it just be HD one day and not have to deal with a receiver swap. I'd be willing to pay $50 to enable HD on it.

Still I like the one receiver idea
they give you a standard receiver, if you want dvr they mail you a plug-in hard drive or you can buy your own and hook er up
if you want hd, just call and tell them to turn it on

they are aiming in the direction , the plan is standard recievers will be phased out by next year ,and the dvr/hdvr thing will be moot by the end of 09

An installer posted on the highdefforum that he was able to get the R22 to show HD channels. His post below.

Let me begin by saying that I am an installer...and have been for quite some time.

Now... This is what I have noticed. HR22s (
HD/DVR) and R22s (DVRs)are the same beast.

If you activate a
DVR on an account that is NOT HD capable the HDTV settings are greyed out.

If someone has a HD account and a R22 (DVR) is activated then the
HDTV is not greyed out.

On installation verification the R22s will say "B-Band converters required).B-Band converters are only for upconverting HD frequencies.

What does this mean for you the customer. Well if you are a new customer you will have to have atleast one HD receiver on your order to guarantee that you get the HD dish. If you just select a standard DVR you won't get the right dish on your order to watch HD.

So lets say you are getting a 4 receiver setup let me show you how this will save you $$$$. Lets say that you want 2 HD/DVRs, 1 standard HD receiver, and one plain receiver.

In that senario you pay:
1st HD/DVR=0.00
2nd HD/DVR=199.00
Standard HD=99.00
standard=0.00
--------------------
300.00 total upfront costs

If you do it my way you get:
1st HD/DVR=0.00
DVR=99.00
Standard HD=99.00
Standard=00.00
--------------------------
200.00 total upfront costs

Just wanted to share..... hope it makes sense

Justin

due to the spot of my locals directv is giving me a slimline 5 so i can in theroy get hd
HOW can you change the res to 480i in componet? my tv does componet in but its 480I

due to the spot of my locals directv is giving me a slimline 5 so i can in theroy get hd
HOW can you change the res to 480i in componet? my tv does componet in but its 480I

If you read the one post above yours, you need to have the HD service activated to allow your R22 to adjust the HDTV settings, in there you can manually set the component output to 480i only.

But if I understand that post correctly, to have the HD service activated you need to at least have an HD box first. But some seemed to report that they only had R22s on their accounts and still got the HD service?

If you read the one post above yours, you need to have the HD service activated to allow your R22 to adjust the HDTV settings, in there you can manually set the component output to 480i only.

But if I understand that post correctly, to have the HD service activated you need to at least have an HD box first. But some seemed to report that they only had R22s on their accounts and still got the HD service?

I have HD Access and that hasn't changed my R22 otherwise no 480i component on the R22,there is 480p component and HDMI.I would like 480i component also so for that I run the HR10-250 and the R22 on my one RPTV.When all the MPEG2 HD channels are moved I'll save $9.99 on my bill.:)

I have an HR21 & R22 with HD service. Maximum rez I've been able to get out of the R22 is 480p, that's not HD. Programs that are shown on my HR21 as "HD" lack the "HD" label on my R22's guide.

Hey that guy ment the R22-200

There is a HDMI port and also the hardware is the exact same as the HR-22 but he only thing is that direct tv issues it as a R22-200 witch is a SD box. Also i have confermed that the box recives the 99 and the 103 Sat with use of b-band converters. But direct tv refueses and or tells u it not a hd box but it really is... i use to work for them and my buddy who works for them still said so in there trainning classes about this new box and if u look @ the specs of it from themanufacture u would know. so the specs direct tv wants u to seee. all the hdtv fuctions are there but disabled and uses the same firmware as HR22

I dont think so because it doesent have a HD tuner built in. Not only that it doesent have a HDMI output.

Info from HSP

Im not sure how true this is, but the HSP I work for has been telling us for some time now that eventually D* will install Slimline ODU's on all new installs. No matter if the customer has ordered HD or not. They have also told us that D* is working on recievers that can be anything u want with a flip of a switch on D*'s end. SD, HD, DVR, HDDVR. Like I said not sure how true this is, but we are told D* wants to eliminate the need for most upgrades and service calls. That is the main reason for dithering the dish over and over again til it meets the signal requirements for activation without have to get a waiver that is impossible to get. Of course they will never eliminate all service calls, but the less service calls I do in a day the better, frees me up to actually make some money on installs.

Im not sure how true this is, but the HSP I work for has been telling us for some time now that eventually D* will install Slimline ODU's on all new installs. No matter if the customer has ordered HD or not.

Are you guys in a 72.5 market or one where all the locals are ONLY in MPEG4?
If so, THAT'S the reason why - ALL new installs in mine are the same, since D* is going to be eliminating 72.5 by around the end of the year.

I HIGHLY doubt that in local markets where the locals are on 101, they are going to put in slimlines even on SD only installs, but then again...

I'm looking to get a R22 to replace my R15 in my bedroom, so I can watch VOD in the bedroom, plus when MRV comes full circle.
Why would you not just get another HR2X series HD DVR? Ive already made that decision. When they are all finally MRVing its a no brainer. We already pay one DVR fee. Doesnt matter how many there are and once they are all sharing files with one another its like having hard drives x the number of DVr's you have = recording space available to any room.

Why would you not just get another HR2X series HD DVR? Ive already made that decision. When they are all finally MRVing its a no brainer. We already pay one DVR fee. Doesnt matter how many there are and once they are all sharing files with one another its like having hard drives x the number of DVr's you have = recording space available to any room.

Because the TV in my bedroom isn't HD, and they say the installer wont hook it up.

Because the TV in my bedroom isn't HD, and they say the installer wont hook it up.

well if you are already hooked up for HD, they will usually just send the replacement to you. Just screw the cable in yourself.

well if you are already hooked up for HD, they will usually just send the replacement to you. Just screw the cable in yourself.

The problem is that my HD TV is hooked to the HD dish, the three other receivers are still hooked to the other dish. I would have to run two cables from the dish and hook up the multiswitch.

I could do it, but I don't like heights.:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts