Rambling series of DirecTV questions from a long time customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I called DirecTV to ask for the no HD fee for 24 months. They forwarded me to their promotions department who gave me that and all sorts of other stuff. I got $5 off of HBO for 6 months and either $5 or $10 off of Sports Pack for a year. I must have gotten more than that because my current balance is -$42.51. I should call the promotions department more often!
:)

Good to see you got it straightened out !

One of the reasons they gave you as much as they did is because you Don't call all the time asking for things.

bbixler said:
No...call now. Ask them if you can get the free HD offer since you have auto-pay and paperless billing. They don't stop charging for HD, they simply charge the $10 fee and then provide you with a $10 HD fee access credit each month, for 24 months.

They recently gave me Showtime for 3 months without me asking for it. I would rather have the $10 HD credit. I wonder if they would be less inclined to give me anything else so soon?

They recently gave me Showtime for 3 months without me asking for it. I would rather have the $10 HD credit. I wonder if they would be less inclined to give me anything else so soon?

Showtime might be your anniversary gift. What month did you originally sign up for service? They usually give the anniversary gift (without you asking for it) and you never know about it until you try the channel or receive a mailing 2 months into your 3 month free trial.

bbixler said:
Showtime might be your anniversary gift. What month did you originally sign up for service? They usually give the anniversary gift (without you asking for it) and you never know about it until you try the channel or receive a mailing 2 months into your 3 month free trial.

That's the strange thing. My 2 year anniversary is near the end of September. I remember last year they called me with an offer on my anniversary. Maybe they timed it so the 3 months would end on my anniversary day. That would be touching. :)

Got my credit!

No...call now. Ask them if you can get the free HD offer since you have auto-pay and paperless billing. They don't stop charging for HD, they simply charge the $10 fee and then provide you with a $10 HD fee access credit each month, for 24 months.

Finally got around to calling them today. Instead of giving me $10 a month for 2 years they gave me $20 off for a year. Works for me! If fact I like it better. Guess I can try again next year. By the way the CSR was very friendly and didn't give me any kind of negative response when I asked for the credit. I was really impressed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)