re:119/72.5 compatible

dohhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 20, 2010
costa rica
Hey All...new to the Forum. Hi from CR. I have been able to bring in 72.5 down here, but when I try to combine it with 119 I run into this problem.
While watching channels on 72.5, if I go to one of the channels ie 105 that we used to get on 119, but lost due to satellite change, The 119 seems to overpower the 105 channel on 72.5, and comes up with the lost TP instead.
I have tried compatible LNBS, switches, changed cables etc.
Am starting to pull my hair out, if I had any!!!
If anyone has any ideas I could sure use them...I'm at my wits end.:rant:
Thanks
DH

You are not supposed to add 119 and 72.7 together. The 72.7 sat already has all the national channels that 119 has , but in mpeg 4. The exceptions would be the locals on conus or spot beams. The two arcs are supposed to be kept separate. So western arc:110/119/129 or 1000.2 dish and eastern arc:77/72.7/61.5 or 1000.4 dish. When you add just 72.7 and 119 , you are causing conflicts over priority. Now you can add a separate side sat dish for a single sat location and add it to either arc dish , but it isn't supported by DISH. Also if you have an mpeg 2 receiver to eastern arc dish or sat for 72.7 , it will not see it. Mpeg 2 receivers do not work with mpeg 4 sats 72.7/77/or 61.5 .

Hey Mike D,,,,thanks so much, you answered exactly what I needed. I so appreciate it. I know what direction to go in now.
We use two different size dishes here 2.4 m y 3 m. 72.5 is strong any where here with the both. Great programming on it.
Once again, a big thanks!:)
DH

picture?

Hey Mike D,,,,thanks so much, you answered exactly what I needed. I so appreciate it. I know what direction to go in now.
We use two different size dishes here 2.4 m y 3 m. 72.5 is strong any where here with the both. Great programming on it.
Once again, a big thanks!:)
DH

Would it be possible to show an installed set up?

re:61.5/72.7

Hey All...back again...I had such good response with the 72.7/119 issue, now I'm trying again.
What is the latest scoop on the supposed changes of the 61.5 to another satellite? Just when I think I've got it...I lose it!
All feedback is great reading;)
DH

The transponders with be turned off the old and on the new a few at a time in the middle of the night. As they will be in essentially the same direction, you will not notice anything except in the signal level. Well later more channels, local or international or whatever.
-Ken

Will the satellite still stay in 61.5 postion or will DNW be moving the channels over to 72.7? I'm new at this, so don't know all the "lingo" yet, so bear with me:))
dh

Last edited:
Will DNW be moving the 61.5 channels to 72.7 at that time, or just moving to the new satellite? I'm new to this stuff, so all info is really valuable to me. Thanks.
DH

DISH was supposed to move ALL hd channels to 72.7 from 61.5 , but they stopped doing this a few months ago. I think that the fact that there were so many hybrid arc setups, prevented them from doing the full transition of all hd to 72.7. They might of used the idea of full transition to 72.7 to get people to upgrade to full eastern arc or western arc dish upgrades. Although the way 61.5 sat was losing transponders , was a good reason to move the hd to 72.7. When the new sat goes up at 61.5 , they might go ahead and move some hd back to 61.5 or they might add international channels to mirror the 118 sat , so they won't need two dish installs in eastern arc dmas for those who want international channels. I wouldn't be surprised if once western arc goes all mpeg 4, they don't move all the international channels to say 129 or 110 to eliminate the extra dish for western arc dmas , so they won't need two dish installs also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)