Rebuilding an Prodelin/Andrew 1.8

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Dee, its your buddy across town, if you need any parts for the dishes I gave , get with GaryD on this forum. He used to sell to Stan @ satellite dealer supply in Beaumont.
He had a few things I needed, but I didn't realize how stuff he said he would send till I opened the box. I got a Jaeger Supermount motor that was brand new for a really cheap price. Everything he gave away in that box must have cost him quite a bit. He sent ku feedhorns, lnb, ku feedplate for c-band, switches. all for the price he gave just for the motor, which was under 50.00 including shipping. The box weighed 19 lbs...Just wanted you to know he has a lot of stuff left...VERY HONEST man..I told him that I will keep in touch.Let me know if you need his number.I believe he has it posted in the classified section.

It sounds like maybe he would be someone to check with for some of the missing things I need to put together my collection of mismatched parts. I could probably build 4-5 more dishes but I’m missing assorted mounts, arms, etc..

Hey Dee, that dish came from the texas lottery swap out , I might have a mount that fits it. I know I have one, let me look and I can get back with you.
PM me ur address again, its been a while since I been that direction.I will be in pt neches area next week ..I can drop it off.

Hey Dee, that dish came from the texas lottery swap out , I might have a mount that fits it. I know I have one, let me look and I can get back with you.
PM me ur address again, its been a while since I been that direction.I will be in pt neches area next week ..I can drop it off.

Okey-dokey..

Hi all, my name is Alex, I'm from Germany and I am trying to rebuild a Prodelin (badged as an Echostar) 1.8m dish as well. I have almost everything I need, except the feed bracket and clamp and the feed horn itself. The guy I got he dish from tells me I got everything he had for the dish but I seriously doubt that the provided feed horn and feed bracket is the right one for my dish since it simply doesn't fit. I already contacted the guy who sold the one on ebay (mentioned earlier in this thread) but haven't received an answer, yet. I attached a picture of the I have but as I said I am very certain that this is not the right one. If you have any hints and tips for me where to get one of the right bracket and clamp I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• IMG_20140604_084156.jpg
    IMG_20140604_084156.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 171
Well, thank you! I had a feeling that this was the case.
You wouldn't know a place (online?) where I could order a right holder, would you?

I think it is still possible to use one you have. If you only can manage to align LNB as it should be, I mean in focus and pointing to the proper direction.

I think it is still possible to use one you have. If you only can manage to align LNB as it should be, I mean in focus and pointing to the proper direction.

But I also only have a PFA feedhorn and I am not sure, if I won't cost me a lot of signal strength

I did mean if you fix LNB in that holder and by adjusting all 3 fixing bolts and nuts, manage to place LNB in focus, than signal strength will be exactly same as you where using original LNB holder.

Would not recommend using the current flat scalar as the reflector will be over-illuminated and have poor performance. The measurements and suggestions provided earlier in this thread should allow you to correctly position a 65mm clamp to secure the C-band feedhorn. Once the feedhorn is correctly positioned and aimed into the reflector, add a conical scalar to properly illuminate the offset reflector.
atsa00001.jpg

http://titaniumsatellite.com/products#!/~/product/category=6743545&id=28257555
Here is an example of a conical scalar that will mount on a C-band feedhorn to adjust the pick-up area of the reflector surface so not to shoot beyond the edges and receive ground/terrestrial noise or under-illuminate the reflector and catch only a portion of the reflected signal.

Thanks, Titanium! Since I am going to go for the ku band (there is basically nothing interesting in C-Band here in Germany) I will probably have to get something like that: https://www.sateng.com/satellite/0800-2782/
It is a bit pricy and I a also a little confused because Chris from Sateng just answered my e-mail-request and gave me a price of $135 for the exact same item which they have listed for $107 on their website... I also contacted General Dynamics here in Germany today but haven't gotten an answer, yet. I'd rather go for the original setup, since I will use the whole 1.8m for an out of footprint reception of the British TV stations. So I would like to be able to use the full gain of the dish.

2superal55: Do not be in hurry to spend your money! Just put Inverto Black Ultra (10 EUR) in the existing holder, try to alight it properly and catch 28,2*E. If it does not work than maybe consider to go for buying some original parts.
Where do you live in Germany?

2superal55: Do not be in hurry to spend your money! Just put Inverto Black Ultra (10 EUR) in the existing holder, try to alight it properly and catch 28,2*E. If it does not work than maybe consider to go for buying some original parts.
Where do you live in Germany?

Yes, I will of course play around a little with what I have. Otherwise there would be no fun, right? I might also be able to get the original part from the guy I got the dish from. He will check and see if he still has it tomorrow (but I doubt it). I live about 15 min. north of Erlangen (halfway between Nuremberg and Bamberg) in Bavaria.

I have this dish. I know where you can get the PRECISE, EXACT parts to mount a KU LNB to this dish. There is a vendor on ebay selling kits that will fit the 1.8 Prodelin/Andrew, I bought one from him, it’s brand new-old stock in sealed bags, perfect condition and absolutely correct. I don’t know if it would violate forum rules to post a link to the auction but if you like I can send you a link in a private message.

edit: Sorry about that, I checked the vendor and he is now sold out of them. My bad.. :(

I have plenty of photographs of the proper mounts, at least you can see how to make one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)