Recast error records, breaks songs into little parts

appleb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I have been a long time TimeTrax user, but frankly lost interest as the Recast betas came out, So my XM and Timetrax were off for several months. I decided to jump back in over the holidays, specifically with the intent of capturing the 5,002 song DeepTrax marathon that started 1/1/2006.

I loaded the most current production Recast 1.4 (not the beta) with no difficulty and I though everyting was solid, but about 2 days into recording I noticed a large number of Not Recorded - Too short messages. Watching the display, it would be in a song and then after some time (I saw 15sec to 1:15min) it would act as if there was a song change when in fact it was still in the same song. This resulted in loosing a lot of songs (too short) and the few that did record were all bad (just the last part of the song).

A restart of Recast seemed to solve the problem. Now a few days later and it did it again. I've dropped back to 3.4.7 hoping it will be better.

Anybody ever seen this before?

I'm running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (don't ask) and TimeTrax is the only thing running on this box, no other applications, no other users.

PS-already opened a support ticket with this info

Last edited:
I have the same problem occasionally -- as you stated it looks like restarting is the only thing that fixes it.

It actually looks like TT starts switching between two channels and stays on the "off" channel just long enough to stop all recording.

LEs

Just out of curiosity, how many MBs o(or GBs) of RAM do you have installed?

Does this start to happen after its been running a long time, and if so, what roughly is a long time?

I am not a member of support - I just ask out of inane thought.

This is something that is being caused by new (invalid) metadata intentionally being sent by XM. The 1.5 beta has a workaround that fixes it, you may want to download it if you are having this problem.

It seems the problem happened twice, after about 2 days of use both times.

I have 256mb of memory. If you want to send me more I'll test it for you :)

BTW, I did get a prompt and helpful reply from TT. They made some suggestions which I will try out in a week or so (I have other issues to address first).

I just want to acknowledge TT, I see that some people have had some issues. I can only speak for myself, but of the several times I have opened tickets, they have been fast and helpful, and willing to listen (rather than just telling me it must be my fault). Great work folks, keep it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)