Received email from Netflix about household sharing

I pay no extra charge for DVR service. Zero.

I bought a Tivo receiver four years ago for $75 which included lifetime guide service. No extra charge for DVR. I have a Wally on DISH which I pay no receiver or DVR fee for. I did pay $40 for DVR service about ten years ago when I had a VIP211K, so I guess technically you can say I pay for commercial skipping, $4 a year and falling.
In your original post, you just post Tivo and Dish, you did not specify used for Tivo or what unit with Dish.

But it says that to attract a hard drive to a Wally to activate DVR functionality, you do have to pay a $40 charge unless you say that it transfered it from your 211,

from the site

*$40 DVR Activation Fee May Apply.

That's a one-time fee.
I know, but still a extra charge.

Those extra charges are what pushed me from Traditional Providers like Comcast and DirecTV, broadcast fees, RSN fess, DVR fees, extra box fees, franchise fees, etc, etc.

I know, but still a extra charge.

Those extra charges are what pushed me from Traditional Providers like Comcast and DirecTV, broadcast fees, RSN fess, DVR fees, extra box fees, franchise fees, etc, etc.
Now alot of these services charge extra for the right to use a DVR.

Flex Pack and a Wally with an OTA tuner are probably the closest competition you're going to get to something like YTTV from a price standpoint. I prefer the local instant DVR and not having to rely on my internet connection since I work from home and like to keep the news on mute in the background while I work.

Flex Pack and a Wally with an OTA tuner are probably the closest competition you're going to get to something like YTTV from a price standpoint. I prefer the local instant DVR and not having to rely on my internet connection since I work from home and like to keep the news on mute in the background while I work.
My service (Charter) has been rock solid here in Florida, even held up during the two hurricanes last summer, the only time was when the Charter supplied modem flaked out, ordered one via Amazon via my phone, two hours later, back to normal, been fine since.

Back in Michigan, Comcast would have a outage on average once a month, when they had a outage, it was a all day thing.

Do Any Streaming services give you a Discount when you purchase thier service for a Year at a time ?
At least a few, including Paramount+, Peacock, and Disney+. Netflix is not one of them though.
(HBO)MAX also.

Also, while not a yearly discount, the monthly one from Hulu , Commercial Free Disney and Hulu, ESPN+ , all for $20 a month

At least a few, including Paramount+, Peacock, and Disney+. Netflix is not one of them though.
As far as I know, you can't even use a CC with Netflix (unless that has changed) they have told me to go get a Gift Card and use that for Yearly billing ...
Hopefully That has changed, but if so, I haven't seen it yet.
I'm sure thats because most don't pay by the year.

As far as I know, you can't even use a CC with Netflix (unless that has changed) they have told me to go get a Gift Card and use that for Yearly billing ...
Hopefully That has changed, but if so, I haven't seen it yet.
I'm sure thats because most don't pay by the year.
You can definitely use a CC to pay for netflix. I dont recall a time ever that you could not.

You've always paid Monthly, I want to pay by the year ....
I don't see any way to put $240 on my account.
I prefer to do it once a year.

It only allows Them to take it each month ...
IF someone knows how to put it on a CC One time payment, please share.

I've even Called them and they wouldn't do it.

You've always paid Monthly, I want to pay by the year ....
I don't see any way to put $240 on my account.
I prefer to do it once a year.

It only allows Them to take it each month ...
Yes, that is true. The only way to do what you want is to purchase Netflix Gift Cards. You can actually purchase those gift cards with a credit card if you happen to be looking for card rewards. Netflix doesn't have annual purchase discounts so there is no gain there. You can purchase those gift cards both online and at selected stores. So, to get a gift card from Amazon for instance, you would need to purchase 2 gift cards, they have a $200 max, to get to your $240. Then you redeem them at Netflix. When you are about to run out of card dollars Netflix will advise you 7 days in advance so you can do the process all over again. Yes, that is a bit more work than a simple direct annual sub but it can be done.
Me, personally, I am not bothered by my automatic monthly credit card sub. If I want to take some months off it is simple to do.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Yes, that is true. The only way to do what you want is to purchase Netflix Gift Cards. You can actually purchase those gift cards with a credit card if you happen to be looking for card rewards.
Or you can use those rewards for Gift Cards, which is what I do, Paramount, Google ( YTTV with Sunday Ticket), Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu ( with Disney/ESPN), Vudu ( new movies), all paid for with Gift Cards purchased with my points.

Only ones I pay for with real money, HBOMAX and Peacock, both yearly.

Or you can use those rewards for Gift Cards, which is what I do, Paramount, Google ( YTTV with Sunday Ticket), Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu ( with Disney/ESPN), Vudu ( new movies), all paid for with Gift Cards purchased with my points.

Only ones I pay for with real money, HBOMAX and Peacock, both yearly.
Except My cards don't work like that ...