Recording HD Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazmaniac

Sep 24, 2004
Can I record HD content on the dvd recorders they have out there now? I thought as long as I used component video cables I would be able to. But I was reading at www.timefordvd.com and it said that the only way to record HD content right now is with DVHS. ATI said that you can record HD content with HDTV Wonder tuner card for the pc. I don't know which one is correct.

Thanks.

you can record HD with DVHS. The ATI card may be able to record HD to the PC HD like a dvr but I'M not familiar with the product. Right now DVD recorders will not record in HD.

A DVD recorder can NOT record HD in the HD format. it will be downgraded to the SD digital format of 480p or the analog format of 480i, just as it would be for a regular Tivo, or VCR. The only real way to record HD is with now outdated DVHS, a PC with a huge (200GB or higher) hard drive or the best option an HD DVR, such as the HD DirecTivo or Scientific Atlanta SA8000-8300HD DVR for cable. Next will come the HD DVD or Blu-Ray High Def DVD recorders. these devices are already available in Japan and should be here in late 2005, as prices over $2500, not to mention the media that is records on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)