Recording HD To DVD

chip

Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I have the Dish 622 DVR and a Sony DVD recorder. My TV is a Sharp with 720p.
I recorded some HD broadcasts and would like to archive them on DVD-RW. The picture when I am in DVD mode is not at all good. Is there a way to maximize the picture? I know I won't get HD on the recorded disk, but can I at least do a bit better than "standard"?
Also which cabling set up will max out the picture when in DVD? It's great when in satellite.

Couldn't you also archive the DVR's MPG files as raw data to a DVD and save the disc till you obtain a Blu-Ray or HD DVD burner, then use those raw data files to create a video DVD in HD.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try the S video and composite audio connections to try to bring the "DVD" mode picture in line with the "satellite" mode picture.

I'll refer to the DVD manual to see if I can capture the data in a "raw" form to be converted to HD later. Sounds like it could work.

A quick question;
which DVD to DVR connection will give me the best picture quality—component or S video?

charper1 said:
Couldn't you also archive the DVR's MPG files as raw data to a DVD and save the disc till you obtain a Blu-Ray or HD DVD burner, then use those raw data files to create a video DVD in HD.

How would you do this with a 622

I'm new to the dvr and dvd recorder game.

To go along with the questions here, when recording HD program/show from the dvr to a dvd burner, will it still be in widescreen (just not HD) or does it return to standard? What about the sound? With HD 5.1 surround, what will the sound quality be of the DVD recording? Thanks.

I'll soon be in the same boat as Chip: with a Dish 622 DVR and DVD recorder for shows/games to be archived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts