Recording "stopped by user 1"??

jrchip01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Virginia
Had a 622 recording of a 2-hour movie set up for 2:00 AM. Next morning saw that ~15 minutes into the recording it was "stopped by user 1". I was asleep at the time, so it wasn't me, and there was no else in the house. Is this a bug or is the hard drive getting ready to die?

(Tried to search the forum with "stopped by user 1" but I don't think the search engine supports phrase searches).

It's a bug. It's infrequent but it does happen and for no apparent reason.

bobl:

Thanks for replying. I used Google to search this forum and came up with the following posts: (first one is by you).

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Letterman recording problem

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/203609-722k-recording-problems.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/144692-722-aborted-timers.html

Apparently the problem has been around for a while.

Sometimes, not all the time, the STB reboot can interrupt a recording, it would say so.
Make sure the menu+8+4 setting of the reboot time does not overlap your (overnight) recordings.
Reboots will also occur spontaneously, often when there is too much activity at once, like multiple recordings or when the OTA channel, even if not viewed, loses its signal.
Sometime stuff just happens.
-Ken

The OP is likely experiencing a long-term bug. It's infrequent and, at least in the past, had a habit of occurring during the same program at the same time for multiple weeks. My primary experience with it was during the recording of Letterman but it only happened on Wednesday night's program. All the other nights of the week would be fine. I solved it by changing my recording from the Dish HD CBS affiliate to the OTA version. After doing this the problem no longer ocurred on Wednesday nights. I've also seen this problem with a few other programs although not with the regularity I saw it with Letterman.

About overlapping reboot time and recordings the answer is sometimes. Especially watch out for reboot just before the recording as you cannot be sure the reboot and acquisition will be done soon enough. And remember a live EHD can add 15 minutes before the reboot will occur. (I could swear that some reboots have happened mid-program or transfer.)
-Ken

If my update-check is scheduled at 3am and a timer is set for 3am, the timer should win. 1) The timer will start, by default, 1 min before 3am, and 2) By design (a recording in progress should override the reboot).

Weather Channel

S108xajd is up! Anything new?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)