Red MoCA Icons On the Joeys?

wwadeson

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I have a problem where the icons on the joeys turn red. This happens mostly overnite when the units power down. When I turn them on again the MoCA icons have full bars, but are red. Video and audio are choppy also. Hard reset the Hopper and most times is fixed. Some times have to reset all three units to get a green Icon and viewable TV.

Any one have any thoughts on what the issue could be?

was new cable used during install or existing? Had a tc a month back, all joeys were red. Crap cable, multiple splices and old splitters were found, replaced everything and all was back to normal.

All new cabling to all components. New node was installed. This system was installed about a month ago. Has done this from the jump street. I was wondering about the length of the cabling. The runs are all pretty long from the node to the joeys. I would think that that would be an issue all the time. This condition only happens when the system sits unused overnight, or maybe during a 5 hour plus time period. The system can be OK at times also. I was thinking of running shorter lengths of cable through the house to see if an improvement could be made. 200ft. from LNB to the furthest device is the general spec. I believe?

Thanks All

Do you have bridging turned on in under the broadband menu? If not,turn it on to carry moca to all your joeys and any other hopper on your network if there is one. Hit the red button to bring up moca and then hit blue button twice to bring up the bridging feature. Enable it and then save .

I can not seem to find any option, under settings at the hopper. I do not see it under any listing actually. Today came home from work and the hoppers (2) MoCA icons all red. The Icon at the hopper was green. System reset again and now all 3 units icons are red. Several resets later and still the same. I have picture and sound that is only slightly slow. Then went to each joey, disconnected the cable and it changed the hopper status to green from each one when disconnected. when reconnect all, now have green at the hopper but still red at the 2 joeys. I am just getting more confused. nothing seems to make any sense??

I have 2 Joeys linked to the HWS. Both have yellow moca indicators and one will dropout (video and audio) for about a minute at a time then reconnect. Moca indicator on the Hopper is green. Node replaced no difference. Seems to have happened with the last software update.

I think I am going to try and run shorter cable lengths to the Joeys. I think this is a result of being on the fringes of max cable length. I can find no other issue, and there seems to be no published way to verify or monitor signal. I do have a lab scope, but with out knowing what a known good signal is, I think I would be whasting time. Cable specification should be RG-6 correct?

MikeD,

I was able to find the bridging option for the Hopper and enable it. I did a system reset again and let the Hopper do its thing. Seems now all devices have a green MoCA Icon. I will see after a day or so of use if all is better. I had green icons last night finally, after 10 resets, and this AM they were red and back to choppy display. If this setting is required, why didn't the 2 installers that were here do this?

MikeD,

I was able to find the bridging option for the Hopper and enable it. I did a system reset again and let the Hopper do its thing. Seems now all devices have a green MoCA Icon. I will see after a day or so of use if all is better. I had green icons last night finally, after 10 resets, and this AM they were red and back to choppy display. If this setting is required, why didn't the 2 installers that were here do this?

Bridging is not required for MoCa. Bridging shares the internet connection from the Hopper to the Joeys. How far are the Joeys from the Node?

Do you have HIC in between the solo/duo mode and the Joey?

In that case, split the signal going to Joey and feed the HIC and joey seperately.

I think its related to a recent SW update.

Had all green moca indicators across my system but recently started seeing some joeys show red. Nothing has changed. Haven't seen any audio or video dropouts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ZachS,

Apparently MikeD was on to something. I have not had any issue with the system since I enabled bridging on the Hopper. This setting is also hidden. I had to go to the DISH Forum to find a newbie procedure to enable it. I think from LNB to the furthest hopper the cable length is in the 150-180' range for the Joeys, 50' for the Hopper. There are also other indication(s) in the system menu that are now green that were never before, on all the boxes. It will take a few more days to verify the system is OK, based on the past trend it is better now.

helloman,
I do not believe there is an HIC, The Hopper is connected via wireless and only has 1 cable to the node from the hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts