Red to Blu.com HDDVD UPGRADE PROGRAM

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I dont know if anyone has seen this, but warner is doing an upgrade program for 5 dollars to upgrade your hd dvd's to bluray. All you have to do is send in the sleeves of your HD DVDs. What im doing is making a copy of those sleves prior to sending the orginals in, so that way i still have sleeves for the movies. The best part is you keep the HD DVDS!

Cool! Looks like you don't even have to send the disks, just the cover art.

Hmmm, I can't upgrade my Complete Matrix Trilogy. No such option there... :(

okay sound like a good deal
where can i find cover art for free?
nevermind found cover art not free but more than reasonable.

Last edited:
Check again...look under 'U' for Ultimate Matrix Collection. This collection can be upgraded for $14.95.

The problem is you have to have the box it came in to get this. I have the three HD-DVD's but not the box it came in. :mad:

I have the box it came in - the UPC's don't match the one given on the site!

I called the 800 number on the site and they have said that they have had a lot of calls today regarding this. They have forwarded the info on and hope to have an answer in a couple of days. I really hope they just allow the sending in of the 2nd or 3rd movie since you were not able to purchase them as stand alone.

As of right now I will receive 8 replacement movies for a total of $35 including shipping. I will process my order once I find out more on the Matrix.

Truly remarkable that they are doing this. Good to see that they place a value on customer satisfaction.

Hmmm, I can't upgrade my Complete Matrix Trilogy. No such option there... :(

It's there.. it's listed as the ultimate matrix collection, The only ones I couldn't find was Caddyshack, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original) and the Dukes of Hazard (the new one)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this over at Engadget and thought I'd see if anyone here had seen the news. Thanks to these two sites, I'll be upgrading a couple of my movies to use on the Panny Blu-Ray player we got for Christmas. The Planet Earth collection is a heck of a deal for $10.

Let's hope that more HD-DVD movie houses follow in Warner's footsteps with a similar program. It seems that the majority of my HD-DVDs are from Universal. Serenity leads the list of candidates to convert.

Last edited:
I am planning on doing this, and it would be nice if the other 2 studios followed suit. I am worried about the long term life of the HD-DVD players since you cannot buy new ones (although I own 3).

(Note to self...AGAIN !!...make a list of the 85 HD DVDs in the collection, now starting with the WB titles...!!!)

I'm curious on the Planet Earth series. If memory serves I got the US version with Sigourney Weaver as the host when it was being promoted for something like $25. (It's another one that is still in its plastic.) Is the replacement BD that same version or the David Attenborough one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts