Reelz HD

vdsz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
CA
I thought we were getting Reelz in HD.... I am not getting it anymore...anyone else? any ideas?

What's the point of adding it if it is only temporary. I am tired of Dish pulling HD channels and refuse to watch them in cruddy SD.

It was pretty much like when they do free preview. I watched the 1st epi of the "Kennedy's" and that was all. I then understood why History channel didn't fight that much when asked to pull the show from line up. It closer to soap opera than anything else. I don't watch it in cruddy SD either but then w/the schedule they have I didn't watch anything else on the station. So I'm not bothered by it being pulled. Really feel it was just a promo for the future because they have little HD on the channel anyway. This is all just IMHO.

it was launched in HD for a short time for two reasons, one the Kennedys miniseries, and two Reelz made a deal with Dish to have a soft launch of the HD version of the channel for a short time only so they can try out the HD equipment so that way it will be ready to launch when they do an official hard launch of the network's HD feed for all paid TV Providers out there, i'm sure it will return when Reelz is ready to join the full time HD club.

What's the point of adding it if it is only temporary. I am tired of Dish pulling HD channels and refuse to watch them in cruddy SD.

Lets start with this. Dish does not "pull" HD stations. They in fact have more than almost anyone. Dish did a favor by adding this channel in HD so that a special series that was done in HD could be viewed. I believe very few providers had it in HD. This channels does have some nice things to watch from time to time, but not much is in HD anyway, so "pulling" it really is not that big a deal. As mentioned, very likely it will return at some time.

A possible exception is the Disney channels in HD, but that is due to a law suit, Dish had to pull them.

Reelz Channel HD launched in August 2010. at&t Uverse added it in September 2010 and was the first provider to carry it. Dish was the second provider to add it.
It's still available in HD on Galaxy 17, so Dish could still carry it if they wanted to, but they decided not to.

Time Warner Cable added Reelz Channel HD first. Followed by Bright House, Comcast THEN AT&T. Dish only agreed to carry Reelz HD for one month only to show The Kennedys the way us viewers want to see. If Dish wanted to keep Reelz HD they would negotiate a new deal, but Dish only agreed to show The Kennedys in HD.

Reelz Channel HD launched in August 2010. at&t Uverse added it in September 2010 and was the first provider to carry it. Dish was the second provider to add it.
It's still available in HD on Galaxy 17, so Dish could still carry it if they wanted to, but they decided not to.

Please read post #11. I am new to satelliteguys and still learning.

Dish to offer bundles in Colorado

Different Feeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts