Remastered Trek Due On HD DVD

Be Sure and go thru the Search bar on top of the page to enter Amazon as it will help the site. :)

I didn't realize SatelliteGuys had an Amazon Sales Associate ID, or noticed the Search Bar w/ an Amazon search on it before. :eek:

I edited my post & this link to the Star Trek: TOS Season HD DVD with the Satelliteguys Sales Associate ID generated using the search bar. :)

(An Amazon Sales Associate ID generates a small commission to the originating web site at no add'l. cost to the customer. So, we're helping support Satelliteguys by using it. :))

You guys need to publicize these things a little better...... I would be happy to help SatGuys pay the bills if I knew about the sites you had these arrangements with....

Looks like Paramount / Toshiba cross marketing is in full swing. From Cedia -

Announced yesterday at CEDIA, the two companies say fans who buy both a Toshiba HD DVD player and the upcoming 'Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 1' HD DVD/DVD combo release will be offered an exclusive, limited edition Star Trek Phaser remote control that will operate Toshiba's HD DVD players. Though details on exactly how the Phaser remote will be distributed and at what cost (if any) are unknown, the unusual promotion is the latest in a series of developments that would seem to put the Nov 10 'Star Trek' HD DVD release at the center of the HD DVD camp's Q4 plans.

Hopefully there will another option to purchase the remote without having to also buy a new player - 'cause I am so all over that remote. :p

phasersonstun1.jpg

Buyu.com has it for $129.99 now as well.... There are coupons out there to knock another $5 or $10 off of that as well....

Wow, that is SOME spread between street price and MSRP....

That's one of the reasons I like the XBox 360 player.... $200 was a cheap entry point. Worst case scenario, if BluRay wins, I go grab a combo player so I can watch the titles I've already bought well into the future....

I still feel that HD DVD is the better format. No region coding, easier to code, and cheaper to manufacture (which should eventually drive costs down)...

I know, they had a price drop.... I bought one the day they came out last Christmas.....

How bout them Mets, Gary?

It's 1988 all over again. A team this powerful and they fall short of the mark again. (How does a team with Shawn Green as their #8 hitter not score 10 runs a night)

More TOS Remastered On HD-DVD and iTunes
October 18, 2007

by Anthony Pascale ,
We are just one month away from the release of Season One of the remastered Star Trek The Original Series and now it looks like we will not have too long to wait for the rest. At a recent trade show Paramount Home Entertainment announced they will be shipping around 30 HD-DVD titles in 2008, but didn’t go into details. However sources have indicated to TrekMovie.com that both Season 2 and Season 3 TOS-R are on the list. Work has already started on the special features for the Season 2 box set and all the the VFX work has been completed as well. TV Shows on DVD is reporting that the Season 2 box may hit stores as early as mid-March, but this has not been confirmed.

Source: Trek Movie Report | Star Trek XI news, rumors, info and downloads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)