Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Is it possible to repair a bad DG-380?

It worked up until a few weeks ago but now does not turn at all - - even using the buttons on the unit.

It may just be the little motor inside.

Any suggestions - - - or is it time for a new motor?

I'd certainly contact Sadoun support and get their opinion . They are probably the horse's mouth on this motor. If you test the motor on a short length of cable and it still doesn't work, there still might be an easy fix ( relay replacement, for example ) .

I lost a DG380 (and a router, LNBF, microwave, etc...) to a lightning strike a couple months ago.

I opened it up but didn't see anything obvious, and my electronics chops are about zilch.

Sadoun sells a replacement complete circuit board, with shipping it's over half the cost of a new motor, and since I wasn't sure it would cure mine I didn't go that route.

If it won't run either way, and generally acts like its not getting power, hook your receiver to the other coax connection and try again.
Might be broken connection between PC board and connector.

Are there any LEDs, and do they light when they should?

No clicking of either internal relay suggests it's not getting power.

But if it clicks, lights up, or hums, maybe the gears are jammed.

I agree thar calling up Mr Sadoun himself would be on my short list. :)
he's always treated me very we'll.

Has anyone else read that The Ohio AG got on sadoun for what i don't know? (I read that on "I'm super pissed at you type board") So it could be untrue.

I wonder if that's why he left Ohio for Texas?

Or maybe Texas just gets way more sun then Ohio. 3 hours away we get 4 hours of sun per day for solar panels. So maybe he wants to sell tons of solar panels. ? No clue just my opt and guess. I bought a 6 footer from him a few years back.

If the parts half the price and everything else is in good working order save the money and buy the part.

OK, I tried with a short coax connected directly to the motor.

Red and Green lights flash at the same time but the motor still does not turn with the buttons.

I did take the cover off but everything looks visually ok.

I will try to call Sadoun tomorrow.

Well I solved this a different way. I still did not get the DG380 to work but still trying.

I remembered that I had given my brother a SG2100 that we had installed but he never used. I went and got it today and installed instead of the DG380.

So far seems to be working good with my microHD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)