Status
Please reply by conversation.

xilbus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 13, 2010
Ottawa Ont
Hi guys,

Is there a trick to removing the tube?
ive been trying to loosen the hex screw with the correct allen key and i just cant get it to move. Do you need to hit it with a hammer 1st lol ?

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2009
canada
Hi guys,

Is there a trick to removing the tube?
ive been trying to loosen the hex screw with the correct allen key and i just cant get it to move. Do you need to hit it with a hammer 1st lol ?

Put an extension bar or closed end wrench over the allen wrench to use as a pry bar to give you more leverage, it shouldn't be that hard

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Take the motor over to your favorite auto mechanic and have him loan you a socket style hex bit that fits on a ratchet handle, or have him take a second and loosen it for you. If you can't borrow one than run over to NAPA or whatever and buy a cheap one. You will need it again probably. When you reinstall the tube you will want that bolt VERY tight.

xilbus

May 13, 2010
Ottawa Ont
Thanks guys,

finally got it with few light taps with a hammer on the allen key. But now my question is My motor is a moteck do all replacement tubed fit all sg2100 ? like if i got a 50mm replacement tube for dms sg2100 will it fit on a moteck sg2100?
my motor stoped working since the tube switch

xilbus

May 13, 2010
Ottawa Ont
well its been raining hard since i changed the tube and quickly put the geosatpro up so i havent been out for long . From the receiver the motor doesnt seem to turn but i quickly went out and the motor turns if i push the manual button. Have you guys seen this before ?
im using a S9 openbox.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Does the motor LED light flash when you issue a motor move command from the receiver? If so, the motor is receiving the commands, but not responding. Could be a lose internal connection or could have cracked the board with a hammer shock.

If no LED flash on the motor, reset the receiver and re-enter USALS or issue DiSEqC commands. If still no LED flash, could be a corroded fitting or damaged coax.

You could run a temp coax cable from the motor to the receiver, haul the motor to the receiver or the receiver out to the motor and use a short jumper to verify if it is a bad cable run.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)