Resolution Setting

Plywodstatebum said:
When i watch some HD programs there are side bars, so I figure that the program is not being sent in 16:9 do I change the TV resolution or the Voom box.? Too full the screen
What you are after is stretch mode, not changing the resolution. Also all HD by definition is 16:9.

Stretch on the VOOM box is linear and looks pretty bad in my opinion. My TV has a non-linear stretch which is much better, so that's the one I use.

TV setting.

What you want is 4:3 Zoom. On mine it is 4:3 expanded.

Actually you don't want that.

Watch it with the black bars. Even though you have an hd tv, original aspect ratio is the way to go. :D

Ronald_Jeremy said:
Watch it with the black bars. :D
I'd say that's not good advice if you don't know what kind of set this is. A CRT or plasma and he could be looking at burn-in in the near future (especially with factory torch mode settings).

well its a RPTV Hitachi 57T500, I wondered about those side bars on ESPNHD since there not black like i have it set on other channels. Thanks for making me think about that, Brain Damaged ,,,60's and 70's did it.

Plywodstatebum said:
well its a RPTV Hitachi 57T500, I wondered about those side bars on ESPNHD since there not black like i have it set on other channels. Thanks for making me think about that, Brain Damaged ,,,60's and 70's did it.
The ESPN side bars are FAR preferable to black sidebars (the less contrast the better chance for no burn-in). Of course best bet is stretch mode (zoom usually expands the picture horizontally AND vertically, lose a lot of the picture in the process). I have a Hitachi CRT too :D .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)