Retailer Chat Recap: September 23, 2009

DishComm is nice, not only does it share the phonelines, but if your hooked up to broadband it shares that as well, so on my receivers not hooked up to broadband they can still browse DishOnline and download shows.

If it's fast enough to share my broadband connection then why can't I stream shows from one DVR to the next?

All VIP Receivers and 522/625 now have Fast Aquisition on Reboot. This means the receiver will reboot in under 20 seconds instead of the few minutes it use to take.

"I think" I actually experienced this the other day ... my 722 would not give me a picture ... so I unplugged it ... waited a minute or two and then plugged it back in ... turned it on. Typically there is the finding satellite step 1 ... step 2 ... to step 5 stuff. It did step 1 ... then boom step 5 and it was done. I was impressed. :up

DishComm is nice, not only does it share the phone lines, but if your hooked up to broadband it shares that as well, so on my receivers not hooked up to broadband they can still browse DishOnline and download shows.
I was told by someone else in this forum that broadband can't be shared between receivers.

In other words, I have a 722 in my living room, directly plugged into a router via Ethernet. I have the power cord plugged directly into the wall.

Then in my bedroom, I have a 722k without Ethernet, but also plugged directly into the wall. Looking at the DishComm screen, everything looks golden; Both DVRs are listed and are green.

However, I can't get that 722k to share the broadband. Am I missing something, or is my desired setup not workable; in other words, do I need a powerline adapter to actually get the receiver to share the broadband connection.

However, I can't get that 722k to share the broadband. Am I missing something, or is my desired setup not workable; in other words, do I need a powerline adapter to actually get the receiver to share the broadband connection.

I have no idea, but maybe they are on different legs.

Isn't D* already (for beta testers) streaming HD around the house to HRxxx's? What are they using?
D* is again testing their product as of last week. It uses a conventional Ethernet jack and the jury is still out as to how well it will work with non-hardwired scenarios including the HomePlug kit that DIRECTV sells.

DishComm is nice, not only does it share the phonelines, but if your hooked up to broadband it shares that as well, so on my receivers not hooked up to broadband they can still browse DishOnline and download shows.

Can you access the receivers that are not hooked up to broadband via dish.sling.com? Do they get their own unique (LAN) IP address?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts