Dish 2022-23 Price Increase

Pretty happy with loyalty dept. Called about renewing 2yr loyalty. She was in Orlando.
I have not had an increase in 6 years. She saw my 23 yrs with Dish and put me on hold. She couldn't change a $10 increase but got me $5 off the Dish movie pack that we have now and do use for a year. I took the deal.

My email acknowledgement includes two movies...
"This offer was redeemed on 10/17/22. As of this time, your new customer savings will reflect on your bill. Please redeem these two movie coupons, see restrictions below."

No need to argue. Just be upfront, polite, and tell them what you would prefer in order to stay.
i am polite with them it just feel like i am argue with to do it cause i have do ever 3-6month it getting old, most time loyalty depart does what i want if only i could get them give permanent discount on owned h3 i have. and they could lock my prices as have them now for 2 years. that only way I will sign 2 year agreement. but everone from loyalty i talked to said if i sign 2 year agreement I will lose 40$ off i been apply to my account for past 5+ years ever 6 to 12 months. as they keep telling me that not applicable if i sign 2 year agreement which would result in higher monthly bill which one reason why i dont sign 2 years agreement, other then fact i dont want sign 2 year agreement anymore.

I have had my montly bill $150 ish give take for 5+ years if not longer cause apply these discount manual every 6-12months, other wise my bill well over $200

$10 from Half off starz/dish movie pack ever 3-6 months
$40 every 6~12 months
$5 credit for 6months due to not want to give discount on h3 i own
probably some other discount i got going to but i can remeber them.

I honestly tried of have to reapply this they should they should just do automticly for me at this point :)

Yes they did, one at the usual time and another in November. It would seem they moved the increase date to November. So, you paid $5 a month for an extra 2-3 months.
These continued price hikes and Fees added was why I dropped DISH after 25 years last December. I am glad I don't have to worry about them any longer.

This is exactly why me and most of my neighbors cancelled Dish earlier this year. We're all very happy with our OTA antennas and free streaming services.
I too am a member of the "dish without an LNBF" club. (They wanted it back when I returned my receiver 2 months ago). I don't miss the 2 year contracts, carriage disputes, and price increases. I'm doing fine with paid and free streaming, and my OTA antenna + TiVo.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I have been slowly adding some more streaming services being my contract runs out in January. I have an OTA antenna also that works great except when it is stormy. If I don't get a good enough deal I will go to a lower priced plan and stream more. My SIL just got renewed at an lower price than what they were paying for the same plan.
I will need to factor in how much an OTA recorder and guide would cost if I completely drop Dish.

I will need to factor in how much an OTA recorder and guide would cost if I completely drop Dish.
Does anyone need a OTA Recorder anymore?

All CBS shows are on Paramount+, NBC on Peacock, Fox on Hulu, if you get those 3 services, you get the shows on Live TV plus the exclusives.

I have a Tablo, but if I want to watch a show from, for example, CBS, I go to P+ for 1080P ( some shows are in 4K, Seal Team is) and Dolby Digital+ sound.

If it is Live News, a lot of Local Channels have apps so you can watch the news live or on Demand.

I use those to see what is going on back home in Michigan.

Last edited:
I have Tivo receiver with Lifetime Subscription which I paid $75 up front for. Before that, I had bought a Tablo. The Tablo, although not as nice as the Tivo, will serve your purpose without any subscription cost for DVR or guide.
I record five NFL games every weekend and watch them during the week at my leisure. I don't pay for those streaming services you mentioned.

Reactions: TheKrell

All CBS shows are on Paramount+, NBC on Peacock, Fox on Hulu, if you get those 3 services, you get the shows on Live TV plus the exclusives.

I have a Tablo, but if I want to watch a show from, for example, CBS, I go to P+ for 1080P ( some shows are in 4K, Seal Team is) and Dolby Digital} sound.

If it is Live News, a lot of Local Channels have apps so you can watch the news live or on Demand.

I use those to see what is going on back home in Michigan.

I have been thinking about this more and more... if AT&T ever upgrades the internet in my area so it is more than 25 megs and no data cap, I think that would push me over to streaming. With multiple family members all using the internet, 25megs is not enough to support TV watching as well. My DVR used to have many more sports talk shows that I would play the main segments of, but now they all have full podcast replays and the key segments I would have DVR'd are now on YouTube or in my Twitter feed shortly after they air. Now the only things I really DVR is a couple of sitcoms on CBS and FOX animation domination on Sunday nights.

The one thing I wish was better with the streaming services is if all the shows were there...one of the shows I DVR is Young Sheldon, but Paramount+ doesn't have previous seasons, and will only keep the last 6-8 episodes of the current season available, and as the season goes along, the older episodes roll off. Two and a Half Men was on CBS, but nowhere to be seen on Paramount+. (unless I am totally missing something, which could be the case! I have free Paramount+ through T-Mobile, so that could be clouding my experience)

All that to say - even as an avid Dish supporter, these price increases are really hard to swallow. And I don't see a lot of added value, rather, decreased value as channels shut down.