Returning a DOA R22 box to Direct for a replacement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

webdog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northern Cal.
Recently we had a power issue in my neighborhood (brown out?) where we only had about half the power we normally should have. Once the power came back on, the R22 DVR wouldn't power back up. I called DTV and we ran it through the usual troubleshooting tests and it still wouldn't power up, it was DOA.

So I'm going to get a replacement box sent to me. I'm curious with those who may have returned the R22's in the past (preferably recent past) as to what model box DTV sent you as the replacement?

The R22's are considered a "DVR" even though they can do HD when there is a real "HD" model on the account. So if I get sent a R16 or something else, it would be a bummer.

It probably doesn't make a difference, but I have the protection plan on my account too.

Bummer. If they do send me a R15 or R16, I'll probably just return it and have one box removed from my account.

I recently took advantage of a "free" HD DVR promotion (for a 2 year commitment), so I really don't need a standard def. DVR laying around. I was going to use the "new" HD DVR I got a week or so ago for another TV for NFL Sunday Ticket. But oh well. To me it's not worth the $6 a month for a true SD DVR on my account.

I'll let you know what they sent me when I get the replacement in the mail.

webdog said:
Bummer. If they do send me a R15 or R16, I'll probably just return it and have one box removed from my account.

I recently took advantage of a "free" HD DVR promotion (for a 2 year commitment), so I really don't need a standard def. DVR laying around. I was going to use the "new" HD DVR I got a week or so ago for another TV for NFL Sunday Ticket. But oh well. To me it's not worth the $6 a month for a true SD DVR on my account.

I'll let you know what they sent me when I get the replacement in the mail.

Having HD changes everything! We're (techs) aren't allowed to activate a SDDVR on an account in replacement of an R22 if they have HD. We have to swap it for a HDDVR so you may be getting a returned HDDVR in the main keep us posted!

you'll get a HD DVR...at worst a R22

I had a R22 crap out and they sent me a refurbed R22 because I had HD at the time
and before that I had a R15 crap out and they replaced it with a R22 and that is when I had SD only

Hello all. I stumble upon this post since my R22 also went bad. It would connect to the internet and then disconnect after a few minutes, and besides being in the living room i was using it with the directv2pc app to watch my recording in my bedroom.
I called directv looking to replace the R22 since i have the protection plan and got a hold of Jim in the tecnical suport, he did some troubleshooting, the tipical reboot button, connect a pc to ethernet plug that was on dtv receiver etc etc, with no luck.
He then said he will put me on hold to check on his system and after 5 mins he came back offering me an upgrade to the genie and replace my two SD receivers with c31's for free paying the install only ($53)
so my new setup will be HR34, 2 C31, HR24. My last upgrade was in June 2011 went I've got the hr24 so i think this is a good deal upgrading earlier, of course, with two more years commitment.

:welcome to Satelliteguys mitaipyo!

Yup, you done good!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts