Returning To DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EarleH

Original poster
May 9, 2010
Sabine County Texas
We are finishing our two year stint with Dish and are returning to DirtecTV. Am not familiar with Genie or any of the DirecTV equipment. Would appreciate any recommendations. Most probably will be a two (at most three) room setup.

We are finishing our two year stint with Dish and are returning to DirtecTV. Am not familiar with Genie or any of the DirecTV equipment. Would appreciate any recommendations. Most probably will be a two (at most three) room setup.

If your getting a 2 or 3 room set up I would suggest getting the HR34/44 Genie and a HR24 DVR(s), instead of the Genie CLIENTS.

If your getting a 2 or 3 room set up I would suggest getting the HR34/44 Genie and a HR24 DVR(s), instead of the Genie CLIENTS.

2 Room set-up: HR44 Genie & HR24 HD DVR. 3 Room set-up: HR44 Genie,HR24 HD DVR,& depending on your preference,H25 HD receiver(compact,can mount on wall or behind TV & out of sight. Requires an antenna adapter to use remote in RF mode & a dongle to use component video cable.),or the H24 HD receiver,which is bigger than the H25 & whose remote can be operated in RF mode without an adapter required. I have both & love both.

unless the other rooms are seldom used I agree with what Jimbo put. If they are seldom used rooms then the clients would be sufficient

unless the other rooms are seldom used I agree with what Jimbo put. If they are seldom used rooms then the clients would be sufficient

Is it the same fee whether you get Genie clients or the HR24 DVR? I have a two room set up. And if I don't get the Genie client, does that mean I'll have to set up recordings on both DVRs (HR44 and HR24) if I want to keep the option open of where I watch any given show. I'm considering jumping from Cox Cable to D* after talking to a D* sales rep in Costco, which is throwing in a $200 Costco gift card if I sign up (in addition to the other 12-month discounts on programming, etc.).

Is it the same fee whether you get Genie clients or the HR24 DVR? I have a two room set up. And if I don't get the Genie client, does that mean I'll have to set up recordings on both DVRs (HR44 and HR24) if I want to keep the option open of where I watch any given show. I'm considering jumping from Cox Cable to D* after talking to a D* sales rep in Costco, which is throwing in a $200 Costco gift card if I sign up (in addition to the other 12-month discounts on programming, etc.).

I think your talking about the Whole Home feature, with a Genie it's automatically added on, with the HR24 its still an option, but I would think they would try to get you to have it anyways.

I think your talking about the Whole Home feature, with a Genie it's automatically added on, with the HR24 its still an option, but I would think they would try to get you to have it anyways.

Makes sense. Thanks for the response.

Do you get that 200 gift card right away or do they mail it??

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

2 Room set-up: HR44 Genie & HR24 HD DVR. 3 Room set-up: HR44 Genie,HR24 HD DVR,& depending on your preference,H25 HD receiver(compact,can mount on wall or behind TV & out of sight. Requires an antenna adapter to use remote in RF mode & a dongle to use component video cable.),or the H24 HD receiver,which is bigger than the H25 & whose remote can be operated in RF mode without an adapter required. I have both & love both.

I hope it's ok to jump in this thread, I have unsuccessfully tried to use a RF remote with my H25 HD, what is this antenna adapter your talking about and weree can I purchase one? Thanks for your time.

I hope it's ok to jump in this thread, I have unsuccessfully tried to use a RF remote with my H25 HD, what is this antenna adapter your talking about and weree can I purchase one? Thanks for your time.

it should have been included in the box with the h25 (my h24 had one) it looked like a small L that screwed into the back. there was a port marked antenna

i do see them on amazon, ebay, ect for @ $10 give or take

I've been without DTV for a year now and wanting to come back. It looks like this AT&T deal is going through, I'm thinking I should hold off and come back when AT&T introduces new hardware and technology. They are my mobile phone provider, maybe I'll get a really good deal too hopefully.

Your contract would probably be up by the time ATT buyout is approved and they start making any equipment changes.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't know the circumstances but from what I remember Sirius and XM was pretty quick with some of the Sirius radios having XM programming.

I'm sure there will still need time for FCC approval or whatever for the merger and will take time. None the less, this merger I think will be exciting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts