Revolution

I'm going to stay out of this, because I actually like the show.

I really don't care to have to think about solving world peace or something when I watch a show. I just like to let the show run its story and not worry about how plausible it is. Just like a lot of books, I just read them and enjoy what the writer could think up.

I'm going to stay out of this, because I actually like the show.

I really don't care to have to think about solving world peace or something when I watch a show. I just like to let the show run its story and not worry about how plausible it is. Just like a lot of books, I just read them and enjoy what the writer could think up.
This, nowdays too many people overthink and are very quick to criticize, look at the avs thread for reference... ;)

I would have agreed about overthinking the first episode. It had a lot of elements that I liked. I loved the pacing. I liked the way we were introduced to the new universe and did let a lot of technical questions slide as I knew they would be answered. But yesterday's episode was just plain boring. It came from page 18 of the "How to write action sequences" script-writer's handbook. The dialog was LAUGHABLE.

I can appreciate stories that require you just turn your brain off and let the program wash over you. After a hard day's work, that is sometimes what I am looking for. But this particular episode was a tidal wave on inanity. I will give this show a couple more episodes to "make up" for this total waste of good celluloid.

I'm enjoying it so far, could be better in some respects obviously, but I can overlook the shortcomings.

Of course this means it will be canceled, and soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm enjoying it so far, could be better in some respects obviously, but I can overlook the shortcomings.

I liked the first episode, but really found the second to be - in Tony's words -- "a train wreck." But we'll see. Maybe it will get better.

I guess I am looking at this through a Jericho lens -- been watching the first season of Jericho on Netflix, and THAT was good television.

The problem with complex shows is that it takes a few episodes to set up the story. Unfortunately those few shows could end up killing the show as people get turned off. This reminds me of Star Gate Universe. The first few shows turned a lot of people off from the series. They seemed so bad at the time. But, after watching the series, and going back one sees a lot that one missed the first time through and they turned out to not be as bad as you remembered them.

It has to be a difficult writing balance to have shows that flush out the story base, yet remain interesting enough to get viewers to stick with it.

mike123abc said:
The problem with complex shows is that it takes a few episodes to set up the story. Unfortunately those few shows could end up killing the show as people get turned off. This reminds me of Star Gate Universe. The first few shows turned a lot of people off from the series. They seemed so bad at the time. But, after watching the series, and going back one sees a lot that one missed the first time through and they turned out to not be as bad as you remembered them.

It has to be a difficult writing balance to have shows that flush out the story base, yet remain interesting enough to get viewers to stick with it.

I agree, I understand jj's style and how he does not want to give too much away. Problem is there shows get shut down too quick anymore and I worry I may never get the answers I seek.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I don't mind a setup, I enjoyed Lost and how it got setup. Unfortunately that doesn't excuse bad writing/plots/acting/ect...

Definitely will be cancelled. Good premise for a show ,but poor execution in acting and story lines. Plus the total suspension of disbelief needed is too much for many of us to be able to watch it.

I agree, I understand jj's style and how he does not want to give too much away. Problem is there shows get shut down too quick anymore and I worry I may never get the answers I seek.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I'm afraid you are right. That was what got me with Jericho. CBS was willing to cancel it before we even knew who was behind the nuclear explosions in the major cities of the country. Luckily the fans went "nuts" and sent them pallets of said nuts to their offices to encourage them to give us closure to the story. Jericho was plausible in its premise, but Revolution is not.

For those mentioning Jericho did you guys see the character in the Monroe Republic who was doing the torture before Monroe showed up? Look familiar? :)

Maybe Revolution takes place in an alternate universe.:rolleyes::D

Can this show bring back Jericho already!

I was glad to see more Elizabeth Mitchell in this second episode. I was afraid she was just doing a single-episode cameo in the pilot. She kind of legitimizes this show for me ... at least to watch another week. Otherwise, I feel like I'm watching another low-budget Syfy Channel series.

Just a TV show, boys and girls. No need to over analyze and take too seriously. It will make it or it won't. Billy Burke is the invincible hero AKA, Indiana Jones . That's what is fun about it. My guess it will.

Last edited:

Bad Judge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts