RG6 Cable

I'd check your connectors. I do not think it is the cable. Take it back and get a new one. Try Home Depot or Lowes for bulk wire as well as cable with exiting connectors.

I just swaped out a cable I was using with RG6 and it worked pretty nicely for some channel, I noticed I good jump on some of the stronger ones that the other cable was causing noise and putting error in receiving it. Also my signal numbers are much more stable, so I have a much cleaner signal running now.

hpman247 said:
Well I did put the connectors on myself. They were twist on conntectors, no specail tool requires. Do you think that that may be the problem
Just may be the culprit. Twist-ons can be an issue, Crimped are the best...try putting new connectors on them.

I think he just meant it's the standard connector, no big deal. I'm pretty sure if he bought it at wal-mart it was pre-made.

@party :rainbow Yea!!!! This is my 1,000th post! Woohoo! :clap :bday

Twist on connectors will work OK. Sometimes it takes a little extra work to get them nice and tight with a good connection. Wal-mart does sell bulk cable with no end...at least at my local store. I'm using a 100ft length from radio shack with premade ends from the preamp to the powersupply, then a small piece of homemade RG6 with twist on connectors. All RG6 'should' meet the standard for RG6. If it was me, I'd test the cable if possible...hook it from a VCR to a TV and play a tape and see how it looks.

I did that. I tested it going from my dish reciever to a tv in another room. The picture was horrible and snowy. I am going to the shack tomorrow and get some cable with the ends already on the RG6. And yes I got the F Connectors from wally world.

Another note: I have learned my lesson about wal-mart and electronics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)