Road to Omaha

Arkansas upsets Cal St Fullerton 10-6 in the first game of the CWS. Arkansas will face the winner of the LSU-Virginia game and Fullerton will get the loser.

LSU beats Virginia 9-5. Good day for the SEC.

And for McCoy- pretty nice way to follow up what the Pens did last night.
:up :)

That was a big win by Arkansas. I figured on Cal St. being the team to beat in this thing. Them falling into the losers bracket really helps. That said, you never know who will be the hot team. Always a lot of surprises. :)

Arizona St wins it 5-2 in 10 innings. Carolina wasted a spectacular performance by Alex White. :mad: He pitched 9 innings with 1 ER and 12 K's. Good thing it's double elimination.

I agree. That was a tough loss for UNC. Just broke down that one half of an inning.
Yeah. Moran looked like he was throwing batting practice in the 10th, even though he's got an ERA under 2.00. He didn't get any help from Gore who dropped that fly ball. That play looked like something the Mets would do.

Arizona St is in great shape they have their ace pitching Tuesday. Mike Leake was taken 8th in the draft this week.

Yeah. Moran looked like he was throwing batting practice in the 10th, even though he's got an ERA under 2.00. He didn't get any help from Gore who dropped that fly ball. That play looked like something the Mets would do.
LOL! That play seemed to open the flood gates didn't it?

Arizona St is in great shape they have their ace pitching Tuesday. Mike Leake was taken 8th in the draft this week.

Yeah, Arizona St.'s gonna be a tough one to knock out. You never know though. Should be fun to watch from here on out. I won't be able to handle Arkansas whipping LSU again though. ;)

LOL! That play seemed to open the flood gates didn't it?
I was thinking earlier in the game that we were lucky to have committed 2 errors and not have anything come of it. I was hoping that we wouldn't commit a 3rd. Look what happened. :rolleyes:

That second game in the winners bracket is really a pivotal one for a team. Win it, and you don't have to play for four days, and a win then puts you in the finals. Lose it, and you have to win two more to meet the winner 4 days later, then you have to beat them twice to get in the finals! Loser's bracket sucks don't it? ;)

That second game in the winners bracket is really a pivotal one for a team. Win it, and you don't have to play for four days, and a win then puts you in the finals. Lose it, and you have to win two more to meet the winner 4 days later, then you have to beat them twice to get in the finals! Loser's bracket sucks don't it? ;)
It does because it can mess up your pitching, but teams do sometimes survive. Oregon St came back from the loser's bracket once to win it all and Carolina survived a couple of years ago at least to the championship. Sometimes you can gain momentum by winning the elimination games and the team that gets ahead in their bracket gets all the pressure thrown back on them if they don't win the bracket the first chance they get. I hope Texas wins tonight so Carolina doesn't have to face them in an elimination game.

Monday's matchups

Virginia vs Cal St Fullerton 2 ET ESPN

Arkansas vs LSU 7 ET ESPN2

Tuesday's matchups

Southern Miss vs North Carolina 2 ET ESPN

Arizona St vs Texas 7 ET ESPN

It does because it can mess up your pitching, but teams do sometimes survive. Oregon St came back from the loser's bracket once to win it all and Carolina survived a couple of years ago at least to the championship. Sometimes you can gain momentum by winning the elimination games and the team that gets ahead in their bracket gets all the pressure thrown back on them if they don't win the bracket the first chance they get. I hope Texas wins tonight so Carolina doesn't have to face them in an elimination game.
I agree completely. I believe LSU came back and won it one year after falling into the loser's bracket. It's just such a longer row to hoe when you lose early.

Next Winter Classic at Fenway Park?

magic getting vince carter ?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)