Roku may lose YouTubeTV access

Likely partially because NO contract means NO loyalty or need to keep it. So, people sub for a special something, watch it/all of them, and ends their sub, over and over when or as NEEDED.
I'm sure there are those that jump around. Sign a 2 year contract, leave for cable, for 2 years. Go back to what ever when the contract ends.

Likely partially because NO contract means NO loyalty or need to keep it. So, people sub for a special something, watch it/all of them, and ends their sub, over and over when or as NEEDED.
I'm sure there are those that jump around. Sign a 2 year contract, leave for cable, for 2 years. Go back to what ever when the contract ends.

I jumped around, why show loyalty when the corporations have none either.

I remember a long time ago when I left DirecTV for Comcast, my contract was up with D*, I called them up and wanted to upgrade to a DVR( this is many moons ago), they wanted hundreds of dollars to do so while giving them away at the same time to new subscribers at no extra cost, I said no way I was going to pay that, I was willing to agree to a new contract like a new sub, did not even ask for a discount on my monthly service, called up Comcast and the day they installed, I canceled D*.

The rep asks why we are leaving, explained why, then they are willing to upgrade me at no extra costs, too late of course.

Then the we want you back calls and mailing started, already in my contract with Comcast, too late.

Dish was the same way when I left them for D*, kept having that check switch error that was common back then and constant receiver issues, never willing to help until I was ready to cancel.

Comcast was actually great for most issues, had animal issues chewing the line, came out and lay a new one in my yard, Receiver went bad, gave me a new one, X1 came out, upgraded me at no cost, not even a new agreement, they even kept giving me a new discount every year ( after the first two years) with a new agreement.

What went bad for them was the extra Broadcast and RSN charge, I ask them since they are charging extra for those channels like a premium service, I should be able to cancel them since I did not watch the RSN and had a antenna for locals, they said nothing they can do.

Just had to wait out my contract, when I then canceled them for Vue, they then offered to discount me the difference, too late.

That is why I love streaming everything, easy to cancel if you do not like something or just do not watch the service enough, it really a consumer’s world now for TV service.

I wish YTV has more live sports. Seems they dropped those last year.
It's really just the RSNs that YTTV lacks. (Well, they have a few but not most of them.) The only streaming cable TV service with all the RSNs is DirecTV Stream, in a package that's about to go up to $90/mo next month (plus another $10 if you want more than 20 hrs of cloud DVR).

It's looking increasingly likely that the in-market MLB, NBA and NHL games that the RSNs carry will become available via a standalone streaming package in the next year or two. So I really don't see YTTV ever relenting on carrying those channels and making everyone pay for them. They'll just expect their customers who care about those games to pick them up via a separate app.

Reactions: ncted