Roku Questions

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
I just signed up for the WWE network. I'll admit I'm behind on the times. I was thinking of buying a Roku to hook up to the TV in the living room. It is a plasma TV. I saw on their website they make three different models. I will only be watching WWE Network on it so I really don't need something fancy. Just something so I won't have to drag my son's PS3 in the living room once a month for the WWE ppv's.

If your going to buy it spend the money and get the best one... the Roku 3.

You will find yourself using it more and more. Also great watching TV and plugging headphones in the remote. :D

If you get a lower end model in a few months you would be wishing you had the 3... just spend the extra $30 and get the 3 now. :D

Totally agree with Scott,the roku3 is the best choice.You can get refurbs pretty reasonable.

Thanks Scott. That was my first thought was to buy the Roku 3. So far I'm loving the WWE Network on my pc and PS3. Can't wait to see it on my plasma tv.

Unless on a very tight budget, the price difference to me does not justify getting a lesser model.

I bought my refurbished Roku 3 from Newegg. I had to order a couple of $6 cables and threw it onto the order as an afterthought. :D

Roku 3 is the only choice if you want a solid, reliable hard Ethernet connection for fast streaming of HD content from a Plex server. Wireless probably does OK for a single HD stream from Amazon/NetFlix but will probably bog with BD rips from a networked server. I have no idea because I didn't even think of going that route to save $10-20.

I am happy with my (discontinued) 2XS. It was top of the line when I bought it.

I agree with Scott and the others. Get the top of the line and use the RJ-45 connection.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Found a great seller on ebay and bought a Roku 3. Should get here tomorrow. Looking at their website,they have a lot of good channels. Especially horror movies:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)