Roku Volume

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
Any body else having problem with their RokuTv Volume mine is very low i have to turn my tv all the way up to hear it. Just started Sunday.

TV tuner and all Roku contents Dish is ok
What is the specific make and model of the Roku TV (there are dozens).

I believe the TVs have a maximum volume setting. Has anyone been tinkering recently in the audio settings of the TV?

There is also a volume leveling feature that may be doing some bad things.

EDIT: Is there some sort of sound system outside of the TV speakers in play?

Please use complete sentences in your posts.

Yes does not help
Plug the Roku into a different input on the TV to see if the trouble follows( I assume other devices don't have the same issue).... Roku does have audio settings that might be messed up..I have mine set to auto.....one big one under accessibility...there is a volume setting that can be set low, medium or high

What is the specific make and model of the Roku TV (there are dozens).

I believe the TVs have a maximum volume setting. Has anyone been tinkering recently in the audio settings of the TV?

There is also a volume leveling feature that may be doing some bad things.

EDIT: Is there some sort of sound system outside of the TV speakers in play?

Please use complete sentences in your posts.
It is a Hisense 65" R6 connect to a vivio sound bar it has worked great for 6 months till sunday volume leveling is on
Plug the Roku into a different input on the TV to see if the trouble follows( I assume other devices don't have the same issue).... Roku does have audio settings that might be messed up..I have mine set to auto.....one big one under accessibility...there is a volume setting that can be set low, medium or high

How are you connecting the TV to the Vizio sound bar?

Some have reported relief from changing to a different connection type (i.e. optical cable .vs. HDMI ARC).

How is the TV's volume when not connected to the sound bar?

How are you connecting the TV to the Vizio sound bar?

Some have reported relief from changing to a different connection type (i.e. optical cable .vs. HDMI ARC).

How is the TV's volume when not connected to the sound bar?
optical cable, TV's volume when not connected to the sound bar is the same real low

At the start of this thread, it was a Roku TV, now its not.

I would check the TV sound first, with just OTA ... to see how the volume is, if its OK, then add the Roku into the equation, is it still good ?

Then if all is still good, add the Sound bar....
Once you determine which item is causing it, use that item to address the issue.

It's a common issue...look at the last post in this trouble shooting thread..the digital output on the TV has to be set to passthru

I have various Rokus, and an Insignia Roku TV. UI is similar, but certainly not exactly the same.