RSN game not in HD

scarhill

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and had my install today. I signed up for Turbo HD Silver, mostly to get the Boston-area RSN's in HD. The installer explained that I would only see programming on the HD versions of NESN and CSNNE when games were on. (Somehow that wasn't mentioned on the web site.) So this evening I switched on CSNNE to watch the Celtics game, and had no HD. The SD channel has the game , but the HD channel just has the same "Check back ofter to see if you favorite team is playing in HD" that it's had all day.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? If not, why am are my HD RSNs not in HD?

Thanks!

It's usually not Dish nor the channel.
Alot of RSN broadcasts are contracted out, (Raycom) for one.

fred

Yeah not really up to Dish it depends if the game broadcast in HD and not all of the games on RSN Networks are in HD. Its the same way with mos spots channel not everything will be in HD. I think as more Networks get more HD Equipment where they can do everything in HD more games will be broadcast that way..

Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and had my install today. I signed up for Turbo HD Silver, mostly to get the Boston-area RSN's in HD. The installer explained that I would only see programming on the HD versions of NESN and CSNNE when games were on. (Somehow that wasn't mentioned on the web site.) So this evening I switched on CSNNE to watch the Celtics game, and had no HD. The SD channel has the game , but the HD channel just has the same "Check back ofter to see if you favorite team is playing in HD" that it's had all day.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? If not, why am are my HD RSNs not in HD?

Thanks!

E* only has Celtics home games in HD.

Scarhill

All NESN games i.e. Bruins and Red Sox are in HD but for some reason CCSNE only has Celtic home games on Dish.

Let's be clear about this:

-Not all RSN games are PRODUCED in HD
-Not all HD RSN games are BROADCAST in HD by Dish Network

The first part I can live with. The networks are still upgrading infrastructure and there is still a limited amount of HD trucks.

The second part p*sses me off. Dish has made a conscious decision NOT to devote enough TP space to show EVERY HD RSN game in HD.

The first part I can live with. The networks are still upgrading infrastructure and there is still a limited amount of HD trucks.

The second part p*sses me off. Dish has made a conscious decision NOT to devote enough TP space to show EVERY HD RSN game in HD.

couldnt have said it better myself

Thanks for the info. Is this documented anywhere? Charter (my old provider) had all games in HD. How about Red Sox games on NESN?

Not that I know of. When I called E* at the start of the season I was told that CSN NE only supplies E* with home games. Not sure why. But so far every home game was in HD and no away games.

Still better then last year when no games where in HD.

Go Cs!!

This was not the case last season. Several Red Sox games were not shown in HD. Not sure what will happen this year.

Regards, Eric
There were issues early in the season last year, but later on they had those ironed out and were even including the pre and post game shows as well in HD...

Amen!

According to
Code:
http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/celtics/celtics-on-hd/
most of the major cable systems have home and away Celtics games in HD, so I guess #1 isn't the problem. D* and a few cable systems have only home games and Dish isn't even mentioned.

I hope this changes in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)