RTN Gone on AMC9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are the DVB-S2 feeds public knowledge? Can somebody post 'em here or send me a PM? I'd like to see if my 7.5ft dish is big enough to lock the signals on my Coolsat 8100.

possibly...however there are affiliates (mainly low powered stations) who are using the national feed and not a customizable feed. So unless all those stations upgraded to a C-Band feed and different equipment they might have some issues

Some of these low powered stations may be using a 1.2m dish and a consumer FTA receiver to receive it. I remember when Equity existed, a few times Gary (GAS) would post that if someone near ______________ that had a FTA receiver they could use for a couple days let him know because the receiver at ______________ site died.

Iceberg, i'm a LPTV affiliate of RTV and we didn't get any advanced warnings of the outage. We've been in the dark and haven't been notified yet of when they'll be back on the air. So we are running alternate programming right now. But to answer your question, no they haven't moved us to C-band, we're still on KU.

OMG.........

I was just about to go back out in the mosquitoes and mess with wires again. I thought another brand new wire burned out again.

Ok. Breath deep.. Relax. Think calm thoughts....

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

hope and change eh

Thanks Gilty
I can put my Icon on RTN East channel on 83, and the info line now says DVB-Server.....but I don't know why lol. There seemed to be a tiny bit of signal activity just now but it only went up to 30 and dropped back to zero a few times.
Nothing blind scans in there now.

Neal's pretty good about getting back to you if you need info... I just hate to call him or email him... Cause i'm sure he's scrambling to get everything back up.

I know when there is a problem, I always get phone calls on a local level here. I hate calls from angry viewers wondering when Knight Rider or Magnum PI is gonna be back on.

Iceberg, i'm a LPTV affiliate of RTV and we didn't get any advanced warnings of the outage. We've been in the dark and haven't been notified yet of when they'll be back on the air. So we are running alternate programming right now. But to answer your question, no they haven't moved us to C-band, we're still on KU.

Thanks for the info Gilty! Very much appreciated

on a side note, I remember your thread about being a RTV affiliate low powered station (still have your website as a bookmark) and I thought about e-mailing you this morning since I figured "he is an affiliate.....he'll have to know) ;)

You are tooo funny!!!!

OMG.........

I was just about to go back out in the mosquitoes and mess with wires again. I thought another brand new wire burned out again.

Ok. Breath deep.. Relax. Think calm thoughts....

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Dee Ann,

I got a good laugh out of this one - - - - THX

Ardman did not mean it is back up now but that it should be back up soon.

Oh! :eek:

I missed June this morning. :(

I hope I get to watch my two studly boys in blue this afternoon. :p
I need my daily Adam 12 fix. And Dragnet too. :)

Thank you!!

For those of you that need to verfiy that you are stil on AMC9 83W there is a very strong tp 11775H 4232 3/4 NBC banner displaying " NBC AMC 9/3F". Some people might have scan and deleted and cannot find the sat again, or maybe moved their dish and cannot find a tp to lock into again.

It just good to know that there are plans to get RTV back up..Without it, I'd almost have to reevaluate my need for a FTA system..considering everything else weve lost..

It just good to know that there are plans to get RTV back up..Without it, I'd almost have to reevaluate my need for a FTA system..considering everything else weve lost..

Tim,

What plans are you referring to?

At this time, I haven't read any information of a report regarding this, let alone a reason for the down time. I am hoping that it was an unexpected equipment failure and something that they have not yet had the time to communicate yet. Something unintentional and unplanned. If so, then I assume that they would be working to repair it, let's hope so!

RADAR

Radar
read through the thread...there is info from RTV that they're working on it. Also a LPTV owner who has worked with us here getting his 1.2m dish up for RTV said they were not notified of any changes :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts