RTN is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Great info gillham . I am recieving great signal from the entire arc just not so strong an 83 , i'm afraid i'll lose some sig quality if i adjust my azimuth , what i did is tried what LoTech sugested and edited sat 83 to 82.9 and walaaaaa there she blows,,, lol. On my Fortech Star Dynamic i get a sig of 45% the iconn gets 80% .pansats 70% . This sat sure is touchy . I'm sure others are readying this , please chime in with your experiances . ;}

I moved AMC 9 to 82.9 with the Fortec Dynamic-Mid to high 30's to 40-41 quality..Which is as good as I ever get on that Satellite..I would love to get 40 and above all the time..

AMC-9 would be a good candidate for a fixed dish one meter or larger. Now if I can just find an abandoned one to harvest.

I dunno.. I was getting 60-70% last night
edit: odd. Went into installation menu, clicked on amc9,
did a re-scan on the TP,. now they're back... go figure

thanks dude...rescan fixed me up! signal was bouncing between 70-87, said "no audio/video"

at 6pm cst today, I had to rescan RTN, signal was bouncing - 40-75...after rescan, everything is good.... anybody else?

I get a steady 73-75 quality on the RTN transponder. This is using a Visionsat IV-200 on a 90 CM 3ABN Azure Shine dish. I have been getting these quality readings since they upped the power on the transponder some time ago.

My signal dropped about 3 quality points at about the same time. I nudged the dish a little and it came back up.

I think I agree with Stefan that something is causing interference with the RTN signal. My first thoughts were that the satellite had gone into an inclined or eccentric orbit, but since others were getting steady signals all the time that obviously can't be the problem.

I have made one other observation. According to the signal meter on my STB I get better quality when it is overcast or raining than when it is clear. Last night it clouded up and rained at about 8:00 and my signal jumped to 72. When it is clear the best I can get is 70. This has happened several times over the last couple weeks. Anyone got any ideas about this???

I noticed today that my signal has dropped back down to about 66 on RTN, so I decided to delete all the channels and TPs and do a blind scan. I got the following results:

Unknown Signal - 11.730H/04342 (weak signal about 63 Q on Coolsat 5K)
RTNEAST/RTNWEST - 11.733H/04440 67 Q on Coolsat 5K

Would these two values be close enough to cause the signal drop on RTN?

I'll keep an eye on the unknown signal quality to see what effect it has on the RTN signal.

I noticed today that my signal has dropped back down to about 66 on RTN, so I decided to delete all the channels and TPs and do a blind scan. I got the following results:

Unknown Signal - 11.730H/04342 (weak signal about 63 Q on Coolsat 5K)
RTNEAST/RTNWEST - 11.733H/04440 67 Q on Coolsat 5K

Would these two values be close enough to cause the signal drop on RTN?

I'll keep an eye on the unknown signal quality to see what effect it has on the RTN signal.
From what little I know, I do believe there would be crossover, thereby killing RTN.:(

It's seems the interference get strong about 2pm Pacific and keeps going till 6 or 7pm
Makes RTN unwatchable during the MAIN shows I want to watch and record!!:mad::mad::mad:

11.730H/04342 went away and 11733H/04440 came back up to about 68. I added 11735H, 11737H, and 11739H (each at 04444) and got the following:

11733H - 68Q
11735H - 68/69Q
11737H - 69Q
11739H - 69/70Q

I wouldn't go through the trouble for any other channel, but I want my RTN.

RTN has been down some Q points the last few days here on my 90cm Primestar. We have had a lot of rain on and off and figure that may have something to do with it. A few weeks back though I noticed that RTN's freq was taking longer to lock. Lukens uplink may be having issues. When RTN was on Equity G-10/G-18 we had problems on and off, now on AMC 9 with Luken running the game there are issues. Will they ever get there act together? :(

It seems that WGRZ Channel 2 will carry it on one of their sub channels soon.

Retro TV will return to Buffalo airwaves : Movies & TV : The Buffalo News

This is great news!!! I miss the WNGS OTA antenna signal and have been planning to put up another dish just for the RTN's, but this gives me another option, as WGRZ is obtainable via antenna for me. Now if they can just hurry up and start transmitting it. My OTA DVDR has had little use since RTN and THIS leaving the (OTA) air for me.

Any RTN left on 123w? I can't get any thing on 83w.. I just was able to get 123w,11720 & 11800 tps..yesterday tilted my dish up about 3mm's .things started to work.. thought my dish was not big enuff.got an 31in fortec dish with sg2100 motor.. i'm getting about 34-40 on both TPs on 123w.might have to tweak dish again.. maybe.. anyways.. i'm happy to know it was my settings on dish.an not dish size.. i notice TH!S tv on some 123w stations now..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)