Rude Installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:devil::dev

vicious-smiley-1862.gif
lol

The truth is perception.
We don't know if the tech was cussing or peeing in his living room, but we do know the sub perceived rudeness. In the customer service industry perceived rudeness is rudeness none the less.

If the installer was rude he gets what he deserves... NOTHING! I tip installers, (I did Dish) movers, etc. if they do the job correctly. There is nothing in my comment that is rude IF the person in MY house doing a job is rude he will be told by me what I think. It's my money and time and no one deserves to be treated rude. Not in this economy, jobs are hard to come by.

Jeff

Tip? Whats that mean? I installed some equipment for an older (very well off) couple yesterday. The woman was so happy she called me a Godsend, an Angel and so on. She was so grateful for the job I did she was literally in tears. I got a hug and a kiss on the cheek, no tip. Most customers are cheap and very demanding, they think all of the little things I do to make their job look as good as it does, requires no effort or cost to me. They think that the Sun revolves around them. I am very anal about the way my jobs look be it a DirecTV system, hanging a TV, in-wall speakers, etc. I always wind up adding things that were not included in the original estimate. Do most customers appreciate it? Hell no, they expect it. The customer may have had a crappy Tech the time before, his buddies could have been there so he may have tried to act cool in front of his freinds by demanding certain things be done "his way" regardless of time constraints or costs to the Tech. Who knows? I do know that more often than not, it's the customer that's being rude, not the Tech.

Could be the guy was just not talkative. Some aholes think they are paying for you to be their buddy for the day, and get sand in their twat if you are all business. Me? I can hang out with you OR I can work. I DO NOT get paid to be your booty buddy, so leave me alone and let me work. Kthnksbye

and please for the love of God, stay out of our back pockets, nothing pisses us (by us I mean me) off more than when a customer is up our butt the whole time were there. If I need to wait for you to move, so that I can get something I need, YOU'RE WAY TOO CLOSE and need to go away. If you want to watch, stand back at least 5-6ft. Just a lil FYI :)

I do know that more often than not, it's the customer that's being rude, not the Tech.
I'm sure for very good reason. I've not seen many techs that just come and do what they are supposed too. Most of the ones I've see,complain are lazy, and do everything in thing in their power , not to do something the way it was intended. Like To lazy to take a ladder off his truck, install ground wires,not clean up his clippings. Have you no pride?
Thats Just what I want ,a Slimline Bolted to my front Porch Post on my $600,000 home because the tech was too F#$%en lasy to take a ladder off his Truck. And No it wasn't a line of sight issue since My house is surrounded by 30 Acres of Fields.

Tech said he couldn't mount in the roof because its too windy. Nice, when the sight supervisor came out he said the opposite, they can't mount them on Deck or railing because too much Vibration. So which is it?:rolleyes:
I'm not just picking on D* either,

E* and its mass of Wires coming up out of the Dirt right infront of the house, another nice addtion to the front of my house.
So if you guys are going to do pole mounts, why not go back and do it right, and at least put pipe. the Cable ,Phone,and Electric companys use pipes, Not to mention thats code in my town. So I wasn't mad ,But isn't the local installer responsible for making sure the towns he's installing equipment for followed?
Anyway I paid for the pipe and box they re-installed While this guy was complaining about the tech that installed it the first time. Funny!

I know in my line of work, Building houses, I have to follow the rules. I have to pay for it when I don't. Not you guys though!
Sorry But I'm sure there are some good techs But stop Pissing and moaning and do what your supposed too. :cool:

I got an hd upgrade today and the installer was very rude. Is there anything I can do for his rudeness? He kept trying to give me reasons why upgrade wasn't suitable for me. He finally did do upgrade. It irriates me because he is getting paid for it and he keeps complaining.
I'd tell them to pack up their stuff and leave on the spot and call DTV to send out a nice installer. :D

Last edited:
I'm sure for very good reason. I've not seen many techs that just come and do what they are supposed too. Most of the ones I've see,complain are lazy, and do everything in thing in their power , not to do something the way it was intended. Like To lazy to take a ladder off his truck, install ground wires,not clean up his clippings. Have you no pride?
Thats Just what I want ,a Slimline Bolted to my front Porch Post on my $600,000 home because the tech was too F#$%en lasy to take a ladder off his Truck. And No it wasn't a line of sight issue since My house is surrounded by 30 Acres of Fields.

Tech said he couldn't mount in the roof because its too windy. Nice, when the sight supervisor came out he said the opposite, they can't mount them on Deck or railing because too much Vibration. So which is it?:rolleyes:
I'm not just picking on D* either,

E* and its mass of Wires coming up out of the Dirt right infront of the house, another nice addtion to the front of my house.
So if you guys are going to do pole mounts, why not go back and do it right, and at least put pipe. the Cable ,Phone,and Electric companys use pipes, Not to mention thats code in my town. So I wasn't mad ,But isn't the local installer responsible for making sure the towns he's installing equipment for followed?
Anyway I paid for the pipe and box they re-installed While this guy was complaining about the tech that installed it the first time. Funny!

I know in my line of work, Building houses, I have to follow the rules. I have to pay for it when I don't. Not you guys though!
Sorry But I'm sure there are some good techs But stop Pissing and moaning and do what your supposed too. :cool:

The dish should be as close to he cable entrance and power ground as possible. It should be mounted where service is possible. It should not be in as area where residents will damage it or be injured by its" installation. It should be mechanically sound when attached and not move. Cable should be protected from damage and not be a tripping hazard.

Some of that is in the FREE basic installation but the emphasis is on get the job in fast and go do another one. So techs are overbooked and forced to choose "GET IT DONE" or "DO IT RIGHT".

The pissing and moaning would stop if there was one clear definition of what will happen during the installation. One thing for sure, if after each installation or even before it starts, each customer was given a written list of FREE services and an estimate for additional items that would be COD upon completion.

Different folks would be doing the pissing and moaning.

Joe

Some of that is in the FREE basic installation but the emphasis is on get the job in fast and go do another one. So techs are overbooked and forced to choose "GET IT DONE" or "DO IT RIGHT".
Lets all remember one thing ." Free Basic Installation" , Directv and Dishnetwork is giving it thier customers for free.
Not the Techs. They are getting paid!. TECHS aren't giving you anything for free.

Lets all remember one thing ." Free Basic Installation" , Directv and Dishnetwork is giving it thier customers for free.
Not the Techs. They are getting paid!. TECHS aren't giving you anything for free.

Exactly!

Techs MAY get paid for the FREE installation by the installation company who gets paid by DTV.

Whoever provides the labor and materials for the custom work MAY get paid for it. Customers are expected to pass the cash because items in excess of the FREE installation are not FREE.

Somebody has to pay for everything. It should be DTV or the customer. Sometimes the tech ends up eating it.

Joe

Somebody has to pay for everything. It should be DTV or the customer. Sometimes the tech ends up eating it.

Joe
Thats something the Techs need to take up with the satellite companys, Not the customers.
If customers are supposed to pay for it, why not just say so upfront instead of after the job is installed, and the tech is standing there with a bill in hand.?

The way the satellite companys and the techs work is a joke. How many people in real life would give someone a price on an install without ever looking at the property first? Thats the first mistake!
So its the customers fault that you have to do a pole mount and dig a trench 100 feet from the house, because you quoted a price to do it, But the techs and the satellite companys didn't charge enough to do it.?
Maybe your bosses need to grow some balls and say I'm not installing your Satellite systems for this cheap anymore. Or estimates need to be done first.
But my guess is they are paying really well, Becuase your all still installing these systems.
The Tech isn't eating anything, if he is paying out of pocket, then he needs to find a new trade.
What costs are Tech putting out? Gas? Yea me too! Tools Yea again join the crowd. You aren't paying for satellite equipment,Wires or connections, So if your eating costs for something ,go back and tell your boss !

Mental1, you sir care about your work and future customer base with that attitude. The quality of work is half the job, the other half is how the installer treats the customer. It sounds like you would get a tip from me because you care. And to make the "tip" larger your kind of attitude will get you references that will get you more work down the road. Hats off to you Mental1! My first install from dish when we moved to AZ was horrible, the dish pole was not level and the skew was off, I wasn't home for that so I didn't know, the next time a different installer came out to check why we kept loosing the VOOM channels (due to the fact that the original instal was faulty) he was awesome and very polite and answered all our questions. He received a $20 tip from us for his concern for our problems and basicly reinstalling everything correctly.

Jeff

Thats something the Techs need to take up with the satellite companys, Not the customers.
If customers are supposed to pay for it, why not just say so upfront instead of after the job is installed, and the tech is standing there with a bill in hand.?

The way the satellite companys and the techs work is a joke. How many people in real life would give someone a price on an install without ever looking at the property first? Thats the first mistake!
So its the customers fault that you have to do a pole mount and dig a trench 100 feet from the house, because you quoted a price to do it, But the techs and the satellite companys didn't charge enough to do it.?
Maybe your bosses need to grow some balls and say I'm not installing your Satellite systems for this cheap anymore. Or estimates need to be done first.
But my guess is they are paying really well, Becuase your all still installing these systems.
The Tech isn't eating anything, if he is paying out of pocket, then he needs to find a new trade.
What costs are Tech putting out? Gas? Yea me too! Tools Yea again join the crowd. You aren't paying for satellite equipment,Wires or connections, So if your eating costs for something ,go back and tell your boss !

Do you know how I know you are not a tech?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)