Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Time for another SatelliteGuys Rumor...

I am hearing that SiriusXM will soon be available to those who subscribe to AT 120 and higher and DISH Latino Classico and Higher. (Possibly as soon as tomorrow!)

In addition I expect 10 new SiriusXM Spanish channels to launch tomorrow as well.

Of course until you see this yourself with your own eyes you should just consider this a rumor. :D

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

If that's the case, then the website was "right" all along, just too early. What does that say about the HD Disney and ESPNU? ;)

/rumor monger

I never understood the fascination with music channels on TV, but that is just me. I know many like it. For those that do that have the AT120 this is good news for them.

I never understood the fascination with music channels on TV, but that is just me. I know many like it. For those that do that have the AT120 this is good news for them.

That rumor is a dandy. We receive no FM signals and satellite radio is just another monthly charge and more hardware...so the additional programming would be welcome news to us....I hope this rumor plays out. It's not on TV, it's on your receiver.

Last edited:
Sounds like a guy who doesn't have an A/V receiver.;)
I have an A/V receiver. But I also have an XM account and listen to XM on just about every single device I have, including my AV receiver directly from my XM radio, my XM APP on my iPhone plugged into the receiver, or on-line through the receiver, all of which give better sound quality than through the satellite receiver. Even though I can listen to XM on any of those devices through my receiver, I seldom do anyway.

The few times I do listen to music through it I will use my iTunes library from my PS3, iTunes library saved on media player through home media share on my DirecTV receiver from my PC, or the Pandora APP through my DirecTV receiver. The best sound quality is done through the PS3.

Last edited:
Hugghh

A/V reciever ? Yeah how about a very expensive Dennon reciever ? and a whole house sound system, music by the pool is great, choose your mood wants of music, and let-er play. Mood changes just click to whatever, from the floaty. C/D's are so yesterday. -----------

Sounds like a guy who doesn't have an A/V receiver.;)

If that's the case, then the website was "right" all along, just too early. What does that say about the HD Disney and ESPNU? ;)

/rumor monger
Scratch that. ESPNU and ESPNEWS doesn not show as HD on their website...(I thought they did before). But Disney and XD still do.

Free SiriusXM 68 on DISH Earth

SXM68SpaLogo_v2.jpg
SiriusXM 68 - "The Spa" is now on DISH Earth ch 287.
No Sub required.
SXM68_Earth_EPG_600px_v2z.jpg

Yikes! I'm sure we all have plenty big A/V setups.

I like Sirius on Dish because The TV is always on it's just one button to switch from TV to music and the artists and titles bounce around the big screen. And I can start listening to 50's on 5, pause that, switch to TV2 and tune in 60's on 6. Then after a half hour or so channel 5 has enough in the buffer that you can FWD through loser songs on that channel. Eventually both TV1 and TV2 buffers are full and you can flip between channels just listening to your favorites. I usually do this an evening every month or two.

Actually, I have Pandora on my Denon A/V receiver. I find that head and shoulders above anything Sirius/XM provides....

I never understood the fascination with music channels on TV, but that is just me.
In many regions of the country the broadcast music offerings aren't particularly varied and oftentimes not appealing at all. If you lived in such an area, it would surely make more sense to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts