Rumor: VOOM/Echostar Deal?

1080iBeVuMin said:
Would someone please explain "Voom eboard"?

Its adware/spyware/tracking bait to win a new TV. Dont do it. Youll spend a day trying to expunge it from your computer.:(

vurbano said:
Call for your friend and explain what you were thinking by posting this? All Ive ever seen TYORK do is help people here and you say something so threatening and insulting as this?

Originally Posted by dragon002
t,

forget it, sorry i posted

sorry i bothered you

i mean that

when voom goes under i will do everything in my power and use all my contacts to make sure you never touch a directv system. and i am serious , if you are using your real name teresa york, i WILL make sure you dont do directv ever again., BTW at the wild blue meeting they all thought you were a guy, you should have heard the laughs
when i told them you are
shocked.gif
a chick
shocked.gif

dragon

I sure he will twist and turn this all back on me but whatever i know where i stand.

tyork

vurbano said:
Its adware/spyware/tracking bait to win a new TV. Dont do it. Youll spend a day trying to expunge it from your computer.:(
I have heard this before. However, I would like for someone to show me the proof.

I have spyware blaster 3.0 from javacoolsoftware.com running on my computer. This program prevents me from turning on spybot's immunization feature.

After installing VOOM's eboard program on my computer I have ran both spybot and M$ anti-spyware beta and the conclusion and neither have netected that VOOM's eboard is spyware/adware.

danielle_s said:
I have heard this before. However, I would like for someone to show me the proof.

I have spyware blaster 3.0 from javacoolsoftware.com running on my computer. This program prevents me from turning on spybot's immunization feature.

After installing VOOM's eboard program on my computer I have ran both spybot and M$ anti-spyware beta and the conclusion and neither have netected that VOOM's eboard is spyware/adware.

If you dont detect any performance hits then have at it. I took it off of mine.

I ran ad-aware, spyware blaster, and spybot search and destory when I installed Voom's eboard. None of them thought Voom's eboard was spyware.

roland

I have had no problems with it either--at least so far. Other than being a sweepstakes entry its really an online news letter.

You will probably learn more here on this forum

If VOOM were to become an add on service they would have immediate access to the 11 million Echostar customers. Echostar customers would immediately benifit by being able to add the VOOM exclusives. Echostar could use R-1 for LIL HD to the top markets.

One could see VOOM like a super HBO, providing 21 channels of content, with perhaps more coming.

The only "issue" I see is that to do this E* would need a lot more capacity. I suspect that it would be on superdish 105. This would mean a larger Dish for everyone that wanted the VOOM package.

mike123abc said:
If VOOM were to become an add on service they would have immediate access to the 11 million Echostar customers. Echostar customers would immediately benifit by being able to add the VOOM exclusives. Echostar could use R-1 for LIL HD to the top markets.

One could see VOOM like a super HBO, providing 21 channels of content, with perhaps more coming.

The only "issue" I see is that to do this E* would need a lot more capacity. I suspect that it would be on superdish 105. This would mean a larger Dish for everyone that wanted the VOOM package.

Even with the SD locals provided by E* currently at 105 W, when AMC-15 moves to 105 W, there should be enough room for 30 + HD channels even using MPEG-2. In regards to using a Superdish sized dish, even if Voom stays as a standalone DBS provider, the Voom subscribers would have to have a Superdish anyway when channels are provided from Rainbow-2 (AMC-6).

The only problem that I see if VOOM goes under and it's programming is then broadcasted on E* is what do I get out of it. I don't have an HD tv and that's what I like about VOOM. I want to be able to continue watching the VOOM programming. Does E*'s hd boxes hook up to non hd tvs?

I'd imagine their box has other outputs besides a DVI or HDMI connector. Almost impossible for them to do away with composite/svid outs yet as there are too many older TV's out that need it so I think that worry is non existant for now. Anyway here's a link to a product brocure for thier 942 HD/DVR unit and it does mention can have 2 TV's hooked one HD one standard The "Other" guys DVR/HD box, hehe . Mind you Im not for the idea of going anywhere myself but at least should lay one concern to rest for ya at least

• TV1 connections
• 1 HDTV digital audio/video output.
• 1 set of HD Component (Y Pr Pb) video outputs.
• 1 set RCA-type audio outputs.
• 1 optical digital output for Dolby® Digital and PCM
digital audio.
• TV2 connections
• 1 set RCA-type audio/video outputs.
• 1 stereo Agile modulated output

I have E* now and would hate for them to get V* this way.
I am actually waiting for V* to announce their survival plans and start sending out the DVR so I can drop E* for them!

I am curious. Why are some of you so open to the possibility of VOOM being absorbed into E*? I for one believe that 3 competing satellite TV providers serves the consumers' best interest. Two competing services doesn't foster more HD nor does it help pricing packages in the long term. I love VOOM first and foremost for the Great HD programing, but there is more to what they have to offer than just the programming, namely more CHOICES!

Anyone want to help me understand what I am missing here? Help me to understand why it is acceptable to you if VOOM blends into the existing E* service. Is it just a resignation to what must be, or.....? If all it is is resignation to a failing service I can understand that, but I would really like to see C. Dolan fight hard to avoid that "final option."

Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)