S106 XACD UP

breser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Seattle area
My receiver just rebooted with it. Things I've noticed so far:

• New boot artwork.
  • My Recordings has been shrunk to not get clipped as bad in SD, probably for the SlingPlayer Mobile system.
  • Shortcut keys are available for more things.

It did add the channel logo on the banner in the top left hand corner of the screen. The colored hot keys have more functions. To me it seems to change channels a bit faster. The whole receiver seems to be a little faster and more responsive. I dont think that it was a huge update, but it did refine a few things. I dont know if the EHD feature fully works yet or not.

I got to play with the update for just a few minutes this morning before headed to work.

It does seem snappier.

I like the logos in the banner.

I also like the color key shortcuts for many of the menu selections.

One thing I noticed was for the new COOKING CHANNEL in HD that the logo for the channel is WRONG. It shows the logo at QVC HD! (Which was the channel on TMP13 before they starting testing COOKING CHANNEL HD.)

Kind of funny.

A few screen shots are below.

Attachments

• IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    642.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    629.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    575 KB · Views: 186
A post over at dbstalk says that a web browser is in the update. Have not had the chance to verify that this is the case. Probably worth checking, though.

Not sure if this is a new feature for S106 as I have had my EHD disconnected since 2 updates ago, but I can now access, play, and delete all recordings on my EHD from within the DVR/My Media menu without transferring them first. I still see no way to tranfer TO the EHD, and have yet to try my luck with transferring FROM the EHD, but if this is a new feature in S106, then it's a step in the right direction.

Good to hear that its working better. I know they are working on transfering recordings to your iPhone/iPad so I am sure transfering to a EHD has to be coming as well. (Hopefully)

In checking there people at the other site appear to be once again misinformed. There is no web browser in the update. However there is a baisc browser in the 922 that displays the menus. All versions of the software have had a browser in them, just not a web browser.

Not sure if this is a new feature for S106 as I have had my EHD disconnected since 2 updates ago, but I can now access, play, and delete all recordings on my EHD from within the DVR/My Media menu without transferring them first. I still see no way to tranfer TO the EHD, and have yet to try my luck with transferring FROM the EHD, but if this is a new feature in S106, then it's a step in the right direction.

:welcome Agreed.

A post over at dbstalk says that a web browser is in the update. Have not had the chance to verify that this is the case. Probably worth checking, though.
Must have pulled that one. I just looked over there and one poster, who doesn't have a 922 made the comment that someone who has a 922 will tell us if the web browser works now so I told them no browser yet.

When stopping a playback of a recording, the default action used to be delete. Now it is my media.

Sling seems a little more reliable. I believe there was a Slingbox firmware update included in this release. Slingplayer for Mac connects every time through the LAN. It seldom if ever does through DRA on the web when I am on the wireless MacBookPro. It is always too slow for HD since my DSL only uploads at 456k. Always connects through the LAN on the hardwired 27" iMac and the HD is very good. Definitely a step forward. Keep them coming Dish!

Sling seems a little more reliable. I believe there was a Slingbox firmware update included in this release. Slingplayer for Mac connects every time through the LAN. It seldom if ever does through DRA on the web when I am on the wireless MacBookPro. It is always too slow for HD since my DSL only uploads at 456k. Always connects through the LAN on the hardwired 27" iMac and the HD is very good. Definitely a step forward. Keep them coming Dish!

Sound is messed up on HD channels when I use Slingplayer for Mac. (version 1.0.8) Picture is OK but sound isn't. SD channels work fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)