Sadoun "A #1"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
kc5qih said:
How long did it take to get a tracking # I ordered my system yesterday morning at around 4 am, and got an email stating it would be shipped that day but never got any sort of tracking # at all and i have emailed them to ask about it but never got a response.

chris

I know the shipping business very well and how all the tracking stuff works. It's kinda what I do for a living. ;)

I ordered on Thursday then I got the tracking number on Friday. I was impressed at first. Tracking number on the next day! It means they packed it and put a label on it. The typical process being the business completes an "end of day" on their shipping system which sends up the information for the packages they sent out, this puts the package information scan on the package or a billing information scan depending on the shipping company. Next the little guy comes and picks it up which then puts a pickup scan on the package. Next thing you should see is an arrival scan later that evening then a departure scan in the early morning and then it starts the normal trek across the states. When you see a package with just the electronic information received scan on it, it means either two things: 1. The package was stolen between the business and the courier's first building. 2. The package is still sitting in the business warehouse and missed the pickup. Or rarely you will see 3. The package label is messed up and is unscannable so no scans will appear on the package. It will just kinda show up at your door. ;)

I'm not sure exactly what happened but all that matters is Sadoun was ready to send another but now the package is on its journey from OH. It's taking a week to get here instead of 3 days now. but oh well... I've blabbed enough. ;)

Well according the the in transit time from their website i should get it on Wed. I ordered it monday and Fedex takes 2 days from there to here. I even went to the Fedex website and calculated it, it said if i ordered it on Monday it should be here by the end of business on Wed. So I guess I just figured i'd have a tracking # by now..i mean i don't have anything..i go to the order status page and it shows the order has been done through them but no FedEx nothing and I never got a reply back to my email.

kc5gih

Usually we try to get all orders out within 24hrs of receipt unless there is a backorder or the orders arrived on the weekend. According to our website "order notes" http://sadoun.com/Sat/order-notes.htm you should allow up to 7 days to receive your order. We will do our best to get it out to you ASAP within that period.

To get a guarantee 2 day delivery, that requires a FedEX 2nd Day Air service at a higher cost.

Yeah I realize that it could take up to 7 days; what i was referencing is the email that I got that day from someone there that stated it would be shipping out that day(monday)and according to the Fedex website it would be here today; i mean it's not a big deal if its not here today because i cant do anything with it until friday and the earliest anyway. I was just told it would be shipped monday

"Dear Chris

Shipping to your billing address would be faster for us and we don't have to go the verification process of your shipping address.

We will go ahead and ship to your billing address today.

Thank you for shopping at WWW.SADOUN.COM

Best regards

Support Dept."

That is why i was kind of thinking i wouldve had that tracking # by now..but in the end it's not a really big deal...

(that email was from monday)

Besides I sure couldn't beat the deal anywhere else i looked so its all good.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Chris,

Sorry if you mentioned this and and I didn't see it-but what equipment did you end up getting?

Here is what i got; i don't believe i've mentioned it. I purchased it from Sadoun; here goes

Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra Receiver
SatControl SM3D12 Motor
31" FS80P DISH
Universal 0.4db single KU LnbF

and for free i got the satellite Signal Meter Kit

I'm not sure about brand names and stuff since i'm new to all this but from reading a little bit all the above seems like a good deal for 265.00; i think i'll be okay with the 31" dish because i'm so far south. Now i just have to wait for it to get here and wait for it to stop raining before i can do any thing. I'm going to give it the old college try when it comes to installation..can't imagine i wouldn't be able to do it as long as i take my time and follow the directions.

Chris

I sure am Glad I called Sadoun Or I may have never gotten my system

Well after 2 days of wondering where my Fedex Tracking # is, i finally decided to give Sadoun a call. Apparently they hadn't even shipped the package yet; because my billing address and shipping address didn't match(i wanted it shipped to my work)well i sent them an email on monday morning requesting they go ahead and ship it to my billing address(see email reply in above post)as to avoid any delays. Well apparently whoever it was that sent me the email dropped the ball , big time and now i'll have to wait until the end of the week and maybe even monday for my system. Man I appreciate the cocern for protecting us from fraud but when you lay 200-300 dollars out for something, and then another 35 to get it to you; don't drop the ball. The girl i spoke with also said that an email was supposed to be sent to me about the delay(well i never got it)so i guess if i wouldn't have called them i may have never gotten my FTA System. I just hope it goes out today and gets here on friday. Im in that lucky part of Texas that has 2 day delivery from FedEx. On the Sadoun website, it says if we ship it on monday then it should arrive on Wed, if delivery time was 2 days. So hopefully it will get here Friday and i can put it up Saturday. Don't get me wrong folks I'm sure Sadoun is a great company and they have very competitive prices and incentives to buy from them but i'm a stickler for getting the job done right the first time; although i am quite sure this is a random incident and was caused by 1 person, not a whole organization.

CC

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but it looks like you have the proper perspective about it. Sadoun is certainly a good company but anyone can make a mistake. You know what they say, something is bound to go wrong. Maybe this will be all for you and everything else will be smooth sailing.

Chris

Email me your order number so that I can check the status for you and send you an update. I am glad you called and emailed us.

When the shipping address and billing address are different, this raises a flag on our end. At the same time, the customer receives an email when they place an order informing them to follow a link and follow the instructions to insure that their order gets shipped without a delay. The link is this http://sadoun.com/Sat/Payments/Payment-options.htm#SHIP

This is to protect the card holder and protect us from fraud. If the CC holder calls the banks (CC issuers), 99% of the time they will add a secondary address to the CC account without an issue.

:hatsoff:

I couldve called the CC company just as easily i guess..i think what got me so frustrated is that I informed someone with sales in your company to go ahead and ship it to my billing address to avoid delay, and he/she said that is what they would do and it would be shipped that day(monday) and whoever it was never went through with it and it wound up sitting there for 2 days. Its on the way now..got the tracking # and everything. I guess i'm just anxious to get the stuff in my hands so i can get it up and start enjoying it. By the way the female i spoke with was very courteous and really helpful. Kudos To Her for a job well done.

kc5qih said:
By the way the female i spoke with was very courteous and really helpful. Kudos To Her for a job well done.

Thanks Chris. We are fortunate to have a very passionate staff that cares about our customers.

When you get your motorized system, I recommend you read the instructions here on how to set it up.

We apprecaite your business.

Ashley@sadoun said:
I see that Sadoun already figured out what was going on, hope everything worked out for you digiblur

Thanks. It came in Thursday. Unpacked everything and was watching TheTube on G10R in a few hours of toying with things. Enjoying it already!

I'll have to post some pics when I get a chance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts