Please reply by conversation.

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
see they moved. were they sold ?
not selling on the biggest market place in the world ..kinda strange happening.
did any of the employees move too ?
got some good stuff from there. ebay made it easy.

I still get good stuff from them. Got an order coming from the new Texas store now. :) . I'll bet once things settle in , he's back on Ebay.

Great:mad: now I have to pay sales tax. Why couldn't he stop the van just before he crossed the Red River.:p

I noticed due to a mention in another thread that they're selling a SatHawk HD-PVR950 (or is it the 900, their site uses both names) that appears to be an Openbox S10, although the description is a cut-and-paste from their PVR-800 (Openbox S9) page -- complete with the misleading if not fallacious claim that it's a Linux system. What's even worse is that they're advertising it as a new model. My respect for them just went way down.

They probably moved to Texas because of the PRO business environment the government of that state has. I've read where other businesses have done the same thing in the past few years. If/when the shooting starts, I'll be moving there myself! ;-)

MUCH closer to me here in New Mexico now.:up However, the price to ship a 1 meter ku offset dish is about the same.:down

Great:mad: now I have to pay sales tax. Why couldn't he stop the van just before he crossed the Red River.:p

Yup, that sucks. I'm right there with ya bud. TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!

Dan they (TX Attorney General's Office) were talking the same crap recently and planned to go after individuals for not filing a form and sending it in......Yeah right!

The up side is a B&M satellite store within an hour or so. I wonder what kind of facility it is/will be.
Guess I need to do a bit of research. When I get a chance to look them up maybe I'll post a few pics of the new place.

I guess the micromanagement mentality at Fleabay drove another business away. You are right LG, Texas and Louisiana both cater to new and relocating businesses.

As for local sales, hope they do well here. We did have a B&M satellite supply shop in Houston for a while, but I dont think there are enough hobbyist locally to support a niche business, not to mention the death of Nagra2.......:rolleyes:

I know Sadoun has other stuff though. Solar panels are a big deal. We get plenty of sunshine here....lol

Lone, ya better get here before the shooting starts. That's when we will be closing the borders..........and bring plenty of ammo and reloading supplies. I figure we are going to need it.

Ever read "The Power Exchange " by Alan R. Erwin? Amazon carries it. Fiction, published in 1979, but it reads like a far reaching scenario of modern day events.

I ordered a few LNB's from them on ebay and it took forever but I eventually got them. Luckily NH has no sales tax.

talked to Jamal today
no more ebay(i understand that fees gone wild)
ohio hard to do business there anymore (tell me about left there years ago)
they will be expanding into other areas and will be starting their own auction site in the next few weeks.
so keep a eye out
by far the best sat seller IMHO

Rough month for EBay sellers.... EBay is getting tough on sellers with unfavorable restocking policies and feedback.....

We just modified our EBay return policy to reflect Ebay's new policies and provide refund option instead of only exchange.

We are getting a reduction in our fees! :D

if you have to refund, does ebay refund you? charlie
I can answer that real quick, ebay does not refund the seller. I sold stuff on ebay from its inception up till about two years ago. I quit when they started all their silly restrictions and new policies. They also started raising fees and telling you what you could and could not sell. I always refunded anyone who was not happy with their purchase and I had 100 percent feedback when I quit.:)

Always liked Sadoun..Bought all my equipment from him when I first started. Wanted to go see his place in Columbus..Got as far as actually taking a Greyhound from Canton to Columbus but found I didnt have time to get to the store before returning home..Hope he does better for himself in Texas..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)