Sadoun what's up ? moved to Houston TX no more ebay sales

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even I stopped ebay sales a few years ago on the Dishstore.

I did $100,000 in sales one month, Ebay/Paypal took charged me $10,000 in commissions and I was left with about a $1000 profit.

Too much work for too little profit.

I got tired of playing the price wars with the other sellers. One day your kicking butt making sales left and right, and the next day your sales are dead. You do a little research, and find out someone else is selling your same item a few dollars cheaper, and you got to lower your price.

Only time ebay works is for one a kind items.

Other than that, ebay policies are getting worse. Just today I went to list some tickets, and Ebay wanted a credit card on file, incase they had to refund the buyer.

Their buyer protection policy SUCKS. As a seller, I get screwed even when its not my fault. As a buyer, I get screwed also when the seller doesn't come through.

In the case of my tickets I tried to sell today, you got to deal with fricken Stub Hub, and those people are even bigger idiots who steal your money, which ironically owned by Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the concept that even though i bought my home that i have to pay the county anual rent to keep it or they will rent it to someone else using the police dept of which i also finance to forcefully remove me.

Rough month for EBay sellers.... EBay is getting tough on sellers with unfavorable restocking policies and feedback.....

We just modified our EBay return policy to reflect Ebay's new policies and provide refund option instead of only exchange.

We are getting a reduction in our fees! :D

Even I stopped ebay sales a few years ago on the Dishstore.

I did $100,000 in sales one month, Ebay/Paypal took charged me $10,000 in commissions and I was left with about a $1000 profit.

Too much work for too little profit.

I got tired of playing the price wars with the other sellers. One day your kicking butt making sales left and right, and the next day your sales are dead. You do a little research, and find out someone else is selling your same item a few dollars cheaper, and you got to lower your price.

Only time ebay works is for one a kind items.

Other than that, ebay policies are getting worse. Just today I went to list some tickets, and Ebay wanted a credit card on file, incase they had to refund the buyer.

Their buyer protection policy SUCKS. As a seller, I get screwed even when its not my fault. As a buyer, I get screwed also when the seller doesn't come through.

In the case of my tickets I tried to sell today, you got to deal with fricken Stub Hub, and those people are even bigger idiots who steal your money, which ironically owned by Ebay.

And for these exact reasons, we shutdown our fleabay store a few years ago. Fees started getting horrendous, and sellers have no protection. When our profits got down to ~10% after all the fees, that was too much of a good thing. Then, the crooked buyers. We had it happen more than once where a buyer would file a SNAD complaint with paypal, then send us back a completely different item, and still get a 100% refund. When we contacted fleabay/paypal they said we needed to contact local authorities- hahahahahahaha.

you can see now, almost all the power sellers are from china. we now refer to them as chinabay......

A lot of people prefer chinabay because of the paypal protection, but most decent seller accept paypal directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I got all the satellite goodies pretty much that I need except for the new Micro Hd. I got most of my stuff from Sadoun...drove up there a couple of times...always good to do business with...I'll miss Jamal, Bill, Judy at Sadoun
Blind

I'll miss the convenience of having a satellite store only 100 miles or so from here. At least Dee in TX will be able to benefit from our loss here in the Mid West.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)