Samsung: "Blu-ray has 5 years left"

Hehe. I gave Dish their stuff back, enough of Charlies BS (always looking out for the little man trying to save him money :rolleyes:). D*'s a better product, at least as far as Im concerned. Painful though, the HD only pack was such a great price.

It sounds as though he has a pretty nice theater with not so bad a price.
The theater I regularly visit is pretty nice. The General Manager at that location actually cares about putting on a good show and has equipment in the booth that clearly outclasses just about anything someone could install in their home.

On top of that, the huge JPEG2000 digital movie files being played usually run at bandwidths in excess of 200 million bits per second. Blu-ray is a great format for home theater. But it is not superior to the specifications of 2K D-Cinema. The only thing better than that is the uncompressed original master.

I also have to put a shout out about the Moore Warren theater in Moore, OK. Now that is an incredible movie palace. 14 screens, all THX, all Dolby Digital Cinema, some screens equipped with Dolby 3D, 80' screens in the 2 biggest auditoriums (those houses also have premium balcony seating for customers 21 and older -there's a bar up there). The Moore Warren has over $1 million worth of neon and signage, over $1 million in imported marble. The list goes on and on. That's really how movie theaters should be.

Sad thing is there's too many crappy theaters and not enough of the good ones. Movie distributors and exhibitors really need to revamp that side of the business, especially with what Blu-ray provides in the home. Putting it basically, if movie theaters go out of business much of the movie industry will die with it. We'll only have lower budget TV shows after that.

IMHO, if anyone has a good quality movie theater anywhere near them please visit that theater at least a couple times a year. At least lend support to theaters doing a good job.

The theater I had in CHarleston Sc was very nice, and they had just started adding DLP projection. I saw the first film on them last year (Transformers) and it looked awesome. The theater here is not so hot, Iron Man looked like crap. The other theaters are farther than Im driving.

They are building a dinner theater here near me in New Town. Now if its nice I may go a little more often. Went to one in Wichita and it was great eating a full dinner and drinking a few beers while watching the flick.

You only have to drive over to the Pottery Factory and watch who shops there for your entertainment. ;)

Of all the movie theaters is San Diego, my favorite is this little 5 screen Ultra Star that shows almost all movies in DLP. The seats aren't stadium-style like most newer theaters in the region, but they put out a $5.50 coupon every Friday in the local newspaper, good anytime. PQ on Iron Man and Dark Knight was rocking!

WHOA! Where am I gonna get my kitsch now?

Now to figure out how to break the news to my wife..... :devil:

Yeah, my wife hasnt been here long but she was pissed.

My mom and grandparents came up here over 20 years ago for my Aunts graduation from W&M. They hit that place back then and loved it.

Any ideas what they're going to do with it? Or when they'll take down their web site?

Well, the 5 yr premise was kinda offbeat, no? I guess it was used to spice up a slow news season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts