Sat Install

Be a little bit more specific. If you're moving the dish then you should have cable running into a ground block along with a ground from the mast to the ground block and then from the ground block to the ground source.

Typically rg6 with a 17 gauge attached to the mast both going to a ground block and a 10 gauge copper wire from the ground block to the ground source

lownote2 said:
Be a little bit more specific. If you're moving the dish then you should have cable running into a ground block along with a ground from the mast to the ground block and then from the ground block to the ground source.

Typically rg6 with a 17 gauge attached to the mast both going to a ground block and a 10 gauge copper wire from the ground block to the ground source

This is a new install. Have never had the dish installed on the ota antenna mast. The antenna mast's coax does run through a ground block and the mast is grounded. I am attaching the sat dish via u bolts and plan on using another ground block for the sat coax. The current ota ground block will be next to the new coax ground block so can I just run a small 17 gauge ground to the old ground block?

This is a new install. Have never had the dish installed on the ota antenna mast. The antenna mast's coax does run through a ground block and the mast is grounded. I am attaching the sat dish via u bolts and plan on using another ground block for the sat coax. The current ota ground block will be next to the new coax ground block so can I just run a small 17 gauge ground to the old ground block?

Will that ground it...Yes

Will it be to Dish spec....No

Why are both Joeys linked to the same Hopper?

722k UHF remote stopped working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)