Status
Please reply by conversation.

WLong

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2004
Hey guys,

I am currently trying to get information on where the DirecTV satellites are located. I currently have DISH Network (110 and 119) and I am trying to determine if I should call up the DirecTV guys to come out and install their system.

All I need is DirecTV's standard programming and their HDTV programming. I pickup my locals OTA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill

I forgot to mention I am in Snohomish, WA (98296).

The phaseIII dish for D* SD & HD programming looks at 101, 110, and 119 which would be:

AZ: 145
EL: 34
TL: 101

Im curious if the location I have my Dish Network dish would receive programming from 101, 110 and 119. I do have some trees in the southern location of my property.

Go buy a $6 heading compass at walmart or a hunting store. Stand in the approximate location of your install. Set it to the 145 degree heading for your azimuth. Rotate your body (or the compass in your hand) but not the heading dial, until the north arrow lines up with (N). The heading arrow will now point out the look angle for you and you will be able to see what, if any obstructions you have. You can also test other close locations the same exact way.

Here's a web site that might be of help. http://perso.numericable.fr/~gjullien/satellite.htm
Over the next few days, at different times in the afternoon (or possibly noon or earlier in Washington) the sun will be at the same location in the sky as the three satellites.
Just enter your latitude and longitude, check at the times indicated, and find a spot in your yard or on your roof that has sunlight for the times given for all three satellites.

DIRECTV
Azimuth 144
Elevation 33.8
Skew 100.6

DISH NET

Azimuth 150
Elevation 33
Skew 83

Looks like they are close enough so you should not have any problem.

Dish and Directv both use 110 & 119, so if you recieve those from Dish, you'll get them from Directv. The only possible problem will be 101, where Directv has most of it's programming.

Derwin0 said:
Dish and Directv both use 110 & 119, so if you recieve those from Dish, you'll get them from Directv. The only possible problem will be 101, where Directv has most of it's programming.
Hi, what dish are you installing? Oval or Dual dish

He is installing a PhaseIII as mentioned above. I hope he replies back to let us know how it went, so we can know if he needs any more help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Getting Cannels Outside Your Area

D* vs. V*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts