Satellite AV - Hot BLOWOUT Deal - SatPros DSR500

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Satellite AV - BLOWOUT Deal - SatPros DSR500 -$25

OK everyone, We have made a mistake. The Satpros DSR-500s does not have Power Scan (Blind Scan). We had been incorrectly told that it had blind scan then I did not properly test the unit to confirm.

We have shipped all of the receivers today and we will offer full money back to anyone who wishes not to purchase the unit. We will recall the FedEx package and instantly refund all charges to your Credit Card or PayPal.

My most humble apology to everyone in the Group. We will make this mistake right by all who wish a refund on the receiver!

This is not a typo....... $25 + FedEx shipping
($12 US, $20 Canada, Other International - Please Call)

MainReceiver1.jpg

Satellite AV has a limited number of SatPros, DSR500 Satellite Receivers that we received on trade. We do not carry this brand and are going to blow them out! These are brand new, in original carton with all accessories and come with the full one year factory warranty. All sales are final, but DOA units will be exchanged if returned in like new condition with all accessories within 30 days of date of purchase.

These receivers are DVB compliant, MPEG2 satellite receivers with Blind Scan, AC-3 output, multi-format card reader, universal remote control. We tested the card reader with several broadcasters IRDETO subscription cards and it displayed the subscribed programming perfectly. Performed several successful Power Scans, controlled a motor using USALS and DiSEqC 1.2, controlled DiSEqC and 22 KHz switches.

Sorry, but SatelliteAV won't be able to provide our normal outstanding technical support for these units at this blowout price. Please be assured that the units manufactured by one of the largest and most recognized STB companies and are loaded with many bells and whistles and will provide years of service!

Call 888-483-4673 and Order Today!
Ask for the SatelliteGuys DSR-500 $25 Blowout Special!

Here are the Specs:

LNBF Connector F- Type Female
Frequency Range 950MHz ~2150MHz
LNB Supply 14/18V, max. 500mA
DiSEqC Ver 1.2 & Ver. 1.0 Compatible
Demodulator Front End QPSK
Symbol Rate 2MSps - 45MSps
FEC Modes Rate 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 and auto

Processor 32bit processor (80MHz)
SDRAM 8Mbyte
FLASH 2Mbyte
EEPROM 256byte
MPEG2 Main Profile @Main Level
Data Rate Max 90M bits/s
Resolution 720 x 480
Video Format NTSC
Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9
Teletext DVB compliant
MPEG Audio MPEG 1 layer 1 & 2
Type Mono, Left, Right, Stereo
Sampling Rates 32, 44, 1 and 48 KHz
Serial Data Interface Connector 9pin D-sub male, max. 115K bps

Remote Control Code Format NEX-IR
Control Device TV, VCR, DVD, STB

Power Supply Power Consumption Max. 20W
Supply Voltage 90V ~ 250V
Supply frequency 50Hz ~60Hz

Rear Panel connectors Video Out 1 x RCA cinch
Audio L/R 2 x RCA cinch
S/P DIF 1 X RCA cinch
Serial data 9pin D-sub male
Digital tuner input F-type, Female
Loop-through Digital tuner F-type, Female
Terrestrial ant input F-type, Female
RF modulator output F-type, Female
TV Standard NTSC
Output channel number Ch3, Ch4

Case Size (W x H x D) 260 x 44.5 x 221(mm)
Weight (Net) 1.8Kg

Last edited:
HOLY COW WHAT A GREAT DEAL! My wife would most likely have me "fixed" if I put up a FTA dish, we already have 3 dishes up.

I just ordered one too! I can't wait! THANKS SatelliteAV!

Just a note - this is my first order with them, and I have heard nothing but good about them. The guy on the phone was great! I am glad to find another good source. My wife not be as happy, but I am!

goin' quick

I got mine!
Said they have about 36 left, now.

Mine goes out today -
Ya probably have another hour or two to get in on today's ship-out.
SatAV is northern Calif and I'm southern, so I might have mine by Friday...

woo hoo ! :up

They're open now; I had to call three times (you get dumped to voicemail after about 10-15 minutes) but finally got through and ordered. They had 25-30 left, but seem insanely busy. I'd hurry! :)

Edit: Now reported at ~20 left.

Last edited:
I called this morning at 9AM eastern time and was on hold until 11:15 when a woman answered. I told her what I wanted and I was switched to another line where I received a taped message asking me to please leave a message. So, I recalled and got through in about another 20 minutes. I was able to get one, but only a few more remained. It will arrive within a week or so.

Ordered 2. Only 10mns on hold (10am central). I am not sure whether there is another model- 500s? Thanks.

Sold out. Guess I will wait longer to get an MPEG-2 FTA receiver if I choose to get one or maybe wait until MPEG-4 comes out if it aint out already.