Satellite AV - Hot BLOWOUT Deal - SatPros DSR500

Sorry about being on hold for 2 hours before we were open!

SatelliteAV is open 8AM - 5pm, M - Th and 8 AM - 4:30pm on Friday PT. Please drop me a PM and let me know what the prompts said at 6AM PT. It should have stated that we were closed and gave our hours and provided an opportunity to leave a message.

If not, I am very sorry!

I called this morning at 9AM eastern time and was on hold until 11:15 when a woman answered. I told her what I wanted and I was switched to another line where I received a taped message asking me to please leave a message. So, I recalled and got through in about another 20 minutes. I was able to get one, but only a few more remained. It will arrive within a week or so.

Last edited:
You won't find any links to this receiver on the Satellite AV website. We do not normally carry this receiver and were just trying to make a few SatelliteGuys smile ...... instead of selling wholesale to a reseller. We did post the Editor and Owners Manual as posted in the post above.

I must be blind. I don't see the manual under the FTA section on Satellite AV's website.

Sorry about being on hold for 3 hours before we were open!

SatelliteAV is open 8AM - 5pm, M - Th and 8 AM - 4:30pm on Friday PT. Please drop me a PM and let me know what the prompts said at 5AM PT. It should have stated that we were closed and gave our hours and provided an opportunity to leave a message.

If not, I am very sorry!

That could get expensive on the 800 number!

OK everyone, We have made a mistake. The Satpros DSR-500s does not have Power Scan (Blind Scan). We had been incorrectly told that it had blind scan then I did not properly test the unit to confirm.

We have shipped all of the receivers today and we will offer full money back to anyone who wishes not to purchase the unit. We will recall the FedEx package and instantly refund all charges to your Credit Card or PayPal.

My most humble apology to everyone in the Group. We will make this mistake right by all who wish a refund on the receiver!

No problem, I still am looking forward to receiving the receiver even if it doesn't have power scan.

Also, in order to get myself in on this deal to get a $25 receiver it was well worth being on hold for two hours and listening to the music. :)

You guys are the greatest! Thank you for your understanding.

SatelliteAV is a company based on dealing with our vendors, resellers and customers with integrity and we will always make every effort to be up front in all business dealings!

We will make it up to everyone with a GREAT deal in the near future!

Hey everyone makes mistakes! It is all in how you handle it, and you guys took care of it like a trooper! I am just happy to have a cheap receiver for a 2nd room. This will be perfect! I won't be blind scanning on it anyway. Thanks again for taking care of the situation and for sponsoring this great forum!

cup half empty or half full?

For $75, I'd have been disappointed and returned the unit (but not mad).
For $50, I'd have been disappointed and kept the unit (but not mad).
For $25, how can I be disappointed?

It's still a receiver.
It's still new in the box.
It's still better (for some things) than the PCI and USB hardware I've been using.

I see it as a cup well over half full.
I'll get my blind scan, and hard drive, on the next receiver.
No complaints, here. :)

You guys are the greatest! Thank you for your understanding.

SatelliteAV is a company based on dealing with our vendors, resellers and customers with integrity and we will always make every effort to be up front in all business dealings!

We will make it up to everyone with a GREAT deal in the near future!

No THANK YOU for offering a great deal. Since SatAV doesn't normally sell this particular receiver you didn't know all the features of the box. But you offered to refund people's money due to the mistake. I've had other companies sell boxes that don't do what they say and then say "sorry. No returns. Aint my fault the specs aren't right"

Can't wait until the box comes :)

Only 15 units are currently scheduled to be returned. We will not be taking any names for a waiting list in our sales department. If you are interested in a unit or two, indicate how many you want in this thread. First come first served. We will PM you as they are returned and post when they are resold.

Brian,

Thanks for making these types of deals available. Any chance you may sell any returned units to the folks who missed out on the deal?

Thanks for your consideration!

For that kind of a price you could probably resell it and make a profit. I personally think it is worth the extra money for blind scan if I ever get one of these in the future.