Satellite Internet

copperavery

SatelliteGuys Family
May 14, 2012
Southwest Ohio
In Corn Country, Ohio and DSL, Cable are not a choice. I used to have Wild Blue, but now have CLearwire, as it's faster than WB. But, it is not as fast
as the newer services, like Excede. Unfortunately, when I ordered my Hopper system, I tried to get switched to the satellite side of the house, but it was a no go
as they said they were experiencing "computer problems". I was hoping to get some kind of bundle price. Anyone know how the Excede service works, price, speeds, and limits?

copperavery said:
In Corn Country, Ohio and DSL, Cable are not a choice. I used to have Wild Blue, but now have CLearwire, as it's faster than WB. But, it is not as fast
as the newer services, like Excede. Unfortunately, when I ordered my Hopper system, I tried to get switched to the satellite side of the house, but it was a no go
as they said they were experiencing "computer problems". I was hoping to get some kind of bundle price. Anyone know how the Excede service works, price, speeds, and limits?

exceed is wild blue

When it works, it works really well.. Very fast. But I have had to go out and replace modems for a handful of my customers which failed.. But not enough to call it a major problem..

I'm in the northern part of Delaware County, Ohio, which is pretty rural. We're surrounded by corn, bean, and wheat fields. I can't get cable or DSL here either.

I was using Verizon 3G for a few years, and then Verizon 4G LTE for about a year. My 3G signal was great, so it was solid. 4G was awesome. Insanely fast (15 down 5 up reliably!), but got expensive with the overages at $10/GB when I went past the 10GB limit on my plan. I work from home, so I was averaging about 20GB per month. Not crazy, but more than I wanted to spend.

I switched to a fixed wireless service called nexgenaccess when I found that they had recently expanded their service in my area. My connection is 4 down, 1 up through them, which is OK, but not what the LTE connection gave me. The benefit though is that it's unlimited.

You might look to see if anyone offers a fixed wireless service in your area. If they do, it might solve your problem!

I see that my provider is listed in that link that Beeski posted.

-SF

So far Exede has been very good. The speeds are suppose to be 12Mbps but we've gotten up to 24Mbps for downloads.

Scherrman said:
So far Exede has been very good. The speeds are suppose to be 12Mbps but we've gotten up to 24Mbps for downloads.

I'd like to try exede but wish their packages were a little cheaper, my average month is around 30gig a month from on demand downloads, if I could get 30 gig for $60 bucks I would prob jump on the deal. Frontier dsl is a joke, always having outages. But I have no other provider available

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys

Exede = caps and high pings. If they could get the caps up a bit then I think they would get a lot more customers in poor DSL areas and be competitive. Cable is similar in price and speed as Exede in many areas. The caps are the big disadvantage. Heck, if you can get 25 MB download then that is a better deal in many areas than cable if you do not download a lot.

Before committing to a 2 yr contract it might be worthwhile to hold out and see what Hughesnet offers with plans/pricing. Their new Sat launch is just right around the corner.

From what I've read above speeds seem great. Can't argue with the caps, they are what they are, but if you're not in the "line of sight" of a WISP provider like nexgenaccess, is Exede still the best option?

Exede is best satellite internet option until Hughes gets their new satellite ready then they may be the best option. The one is wait and see though. The difference between Exede and the other satellite providers is night and day from what I have been hearing.

Exede is best satellite internet option until Hughes gets their new satellite ready then they may be the best option. The one is wait and see though. The difference between Exede and the other satellite providers is night and day from what I have been hearing.
Only because they haven't had time to oversell the beams yet. As always,anythings better than dial-up as long you don't get fapped.

Only because they haven't had time to oversell the beams yet.
Exede has been around for three months now and Wildblue customers are jumping like the Mexican beans. It only took a month or so for Wildblue performance to become something only the early adopters remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)