Satellite Pointing Spreadsheet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
I put this spreadsheet together so that I would have aiming information without access to internet. There could be any number of reasons for not having internet access at a site. It could be a remote cabin or could be that you are camping in an area that does not have cell service or land line access for dial up.

All you need is your latitude, longitude and magnetic declination. Insert that data and you have pointing data for all the listed satellites. They can be changed, so it is flexible.

Hope it is of help to someone other than myself.

Attachments

• Satellite_Pointing.ZIP
    656.6 KB · Views: 538
bpalone Good job! How it is possible to enter Eastern arc satellites? I used to use Satellite Antenna Alignment (SAA) program for calculations. It also works without internet, but should be installed locally.
On screenshot you can see that your spreadsheet and SAA make same calculations. upload_2016-1-26_18-35-51.png

bpalone:
I had such a spreadsheet, but without the calculation of (theoretical) skew!

So this is a usefull completion! :)
Just a few satellites have deviant skew (the 3 Astras in Europe I believe, and two satellites for New Zealand I read recently), but most follow the theoretical skew as far as I know. Do all in the United States?

And nice to have the theoretical basis for the formulas. I always wondered where the value 0.1513 came from, and if it was a metric number or a milage number, or indifferent. It's indifferent, I now know, so the formula is 'universal'!

Greetz,
A33

RimaNTSS : Adding Eastern satellites shoudn't be difficult. Have you tried negative numbers?
Maybe we have to change the spreadsheet a little to be convenient to european use ;).

Reactions: RimaNTSS
RimmaNTSS and A33,

On the first page of the geosynch.pdf note the asterisk (*) at the end of the definition of "L". The only asterisk I found was at the bottom of that page under the first column. That might apply to Eastern satellites, didn't check, as I was scratching my own itch, which is Western arc.

Everyone, is very welcome. Thought it might be of interest to others. Glad it is of use.

Reactions: a33
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts