SatelliteGuys First Look: DIRECTV Scoreguide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am not happy at all with this new "feature".

I regularly schedule autotunes to change channels to record sports programs to my non-direcTV DVR.

If the receiver is left on a channel with scoreguide (which direcTV calls "interactive features"), or autotunes to a channel with scoreguide, then any scheduled autotunes after that will NOT work.

And since most ALL of the channels I am setting up to autotune are sports channels, they ALL have this new "scoreguide" feature. Thus, autotune just ain't working for me most of the time anymore!

I was told to hit EXIT on my remote to exit out of the interactive features! Well, that does NOT work too well if the reason I scheduled autotunes is because I was NOT there to turn the channel myself!

I have a D12 receiver, although direcTV tells me all of their receivers will NOT autotune off a channel which has interactive features!

I wish I could DISABLE interactive features entirely! Not being able to autotune is a big problem for me. Does dish network have this issue?

I love this feature and fortunately I don't have ANY of the issues you guys have mentioned ... :)

It would be nice to be able to turn the feature on and off and it could be added at a later time.

I don't think DISH Network has anything like this, therefore, NO they don't have these issues.

Jimbo;

I guess you do not use your H20-100 on the sports channels, if you did you would experience all of these issues with the Sportsguide.

Last edited:
So in the first post, it says this:

DIRECTV customers with advanced receivers will activate ScoreGuide

Can someone tell me a direcTV receiver that is NOT advanced? I tried to quiz customer support, and they suggested a receiver that is NOT advanced also would NOT support autotune. Is that correct? Reason I ask is I have a couple old direcTV receivers I would consider activating if I knew they would NOT have scoreguide but WOULD still autotune.

Jimbo;

I guess you do not use your H20-100 on the sports channels, if you did you would experience all of these issues with the Sportsguide.
I mostly watch sports and do not have any of the issues mentioned. I use an HR20; I don't know if the issue is only with the non-DRVs

So in the first post, it says this:

DIRECTV customers with advanced receivers will activate ScoreGuide

Can someone tell me a direcTV receiver that is NOT advanced? I tried to quiz customer support, and they suggested a receiver that is NOT advanced also would NOT support autotune. Is that correct? Reason I ask is I have a couple old direcTV receivers I would consider activating if I knew they would NOT have scoreguide but WOULD still autotune.
My Hughes boxes and my TiVO do not have the score guide feature, but they do have autotune.

I mostly watch sports and do not have any of the issues mentioned. I use an HR20; I don't know if the issue is only with the non-DRVs

See post #3 for the D* products affected.

D* reports they are working to resolve these problems with the Sportsguide. I do not believe that Directv will do anything to resolve these issues with the Sportsguide.

See post #3 for the D* products affected.

D* reports they are working to resolve these problems with the Sportsguide. I do not believe that Directv will do anything to resolve these issues with the Sportsguide.

When I spoke with direcTV, I couldn't even get them to admit there is a problem! She just said it is working like it is supposed to!

Sounds like if I activate this old hughes box I have I might have autotune working for sports channels since it has no sportsguide. But, I do not want to get socked with adding to my commitment either, so not sure what to do... hope they fix it I guess!

I have a D10 and D11 receiver. I am having teh not able to auto-tune from thses channels problem, AND No Caller ID display on these channels problem. I wish there was a way to turn this onm and off, as I like the feature, but only if I'm there watching it.

I like the Scoreguide. It makes finding scores a WHOLE lot faster.

Jimbo;

Generally, No, I don't use my H20 for sports, it's in the bedroom and normally it's Leno and thats about it.
Then it's night time . :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts