SatelliteGuys FIRST LOOK - DISH's Hopper and Joey

I would have to agree you will need 2 hoppers. You will not regret it and much easier to have installed initially that way than deciding down the road you should have and having to retrofit. Cost of a second hopper is negligable and money well spent.

Sorry, another newbie. Hopper coming this Saturday. So if I'm using PTAT: 1. Do I need to set the timers to record any shows on primetime networks? 2. Does it record every show on primetime?

Sorry, another newbie. Hopper coming this Saturday. So if I'm using PTAT: 1. Do I need to set the timers to record any shows on primetime networks? 2. Does it record every show on primetime?

Welcome Tim!

1) Nope just enable Prime Time Any Time and it will record all primetime shows on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC automatically every night.

2) Yes but just the networks above. :)

So if I'm using PTAT: 1. Do I need to set the timers to record any shows on primetime networks?
Be aware that it will also automatically delete these shows after "x" days (I think it defaults to (8) days - that's also the max) so if you're the type that doesn't watch them within the week of them being broadcast, make sure to set a timer for that show or shows. It will NOT record/store TWO copies either.

But, you do have the option to save that PTAT event after it's recorded. It will save it in No Folders until you delete it. I do it all the time....

But, you do have the option to save that PTAT event after it's recorded. It will save it in No Folders until you delete it. I do it all the time....
Yeah, but if you don't remember to save it before the x days is up, then it is gone. For complete unattended saving of PTAT shows, use a timer.

Yeah, but if you don't remember to save it before the x days is up, then it is gone. For complete unattended saving of PTAT shows, use a timer.

And when you use a timer it just piggy backs off of the PTAT tuner so that it you still have the two non-PTAT tuners available.

You can go to the PTAT folder and set save series or just save one.
Do it before the week of for me before 3 days.
I use a shorter retain time so I can move them to an EHD sooner.
-Ken

so has this prime time on the hopper changed meaning is it still an option to turn it on and off?Thinking about going DISH today but I dont want prime time recording.
thanks

Yes, you can turn it off. In fact, I believe it is off by default unless you turn it on yourself. (Or the installer turns it on for you)

And when you use a timer it just piggy backs off of the PTAT tuner so that it you still have the two non-PTAT tuners available.

THAT is a key piece of information right there. I was avoiding setting timers for shows PTAT would catch just to avoid burning an extra tuner for that time slot.

THAT is a key piece of information right there. I was avoiding setting timers for shows PTAT would catch just to avoid burning an extra tuner for that time slot.
If I'm not mistaken, it won't burn an extra tuner. The Hopper will recognize that it can share the PTAT tuner and go that route.

You can also set PTAT shows to "save" to save one or "save series" to save all. Only drawback to save series is it saves reruns.

If you do a save series for a show from the PTAT listing, you can go into the Timers listing, select the show, Edit Timer, and then change the Frequency to Only New if you wish.

does ptat use up one tuner for those hours. I have the hopper and one joey and dont want to burn up one tuner during those hours. now if i had a super joey that would be another question.

does ptat use up one tuner for those hours. I have the hopper and one joey and dont want to burn up one tuner during those hours. now if i had a super joey that would be another question.

I use to have a series timer for each of our favorite PTAT shows, but don't do that anymore because each timer was adding up to the old 96 Timer listings limit. Timers list limit has now been raised to 200 timers. From what I recall the PTAT series timers did not use another tuner. I will run a test tonite and make sure and post back here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts