SatelliteGuys Giving Thanks Holiday Giveaway Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was. 9:30am. Sadly, I had to head off to work right after. Won't be able to set it up and check it out until later this evening.
A big thanks to everyone again! I was going to try a keep a secret from the family until Christmas. That didn't last long.
So how is it? :)

Its kind of funny, I didn't know this until yesterday but the person who wrote the raffle software that we used this year is actually a SatelliteGuys member! So he contacted me yesterday and asked if there was any kinds of changes or additions I would want made to the raffle program.

I replied back to him and said the perogram is almost perfect but the one thing I would like changed is to have the abaility to give supporting Pub Members and Founders double entries to the contests to help thank them for their support. He shot me back a note saying it was a good idea and then in less then an hour sent me another note that he wrote an add on for the raffle which now lets us give double entries to our supporters. Very cool THANK YOU! We just might have to test it out shortly with some more giveaways. (if the wife approves of course!) :)

Thanks to everyone who entered and congrats to everyone who won. This contest was our way of giving back and saying thank you to all of our members for making us Amercia's Satellite Information Source!

Happy New Year!

Scott, you're at the helm...we're just along for the ride...but because of the kind of person you are, and how you run your site, you attract other great people who want to become members...and because you make this forum more about the members than just about the subjects, your members also are more into caring about the other members, than just looking for info on a certain topic.

This forum is truly a group of friends wanting to share stories, jokes, pictures, and to help those who need it. If I was ever told I could only go to one forum for the rest of my life, it would be SatelliteGuys.US, without a second thought.

So here's hoping that Eva, you, your kids, and SatelliteGuys.US has the greatest year in 2012!!!

Ghpr13:)

Just wanted to follow up on the kindle fire.Didn't know exactly where else to post but some of you had asked for a review.I can say that the wife loves it!Thanks again Scott and Eva!!

From what little I have played with it its a very cool piece of equipment.Loads of apps,books are plenty and look really nice on the fire.Very easy to read.The graphics are very clear and color is great.Streamed a few mins. of a couple of shows and movies and worked great on a 6mb dsl wifi connection.setting up the wifi was a breeze.Angry birds is quite addictive I must admit!Web browser works pretty good seems just a tad slow when compared to my desktop or laptop but overall not bad.I also love how it changes from 4x3 to 16x9 format by simply turning the kindle.

Cons..
Touchy,maybe I'm all thumbs or my fingers are too fat but using the on screen keyboard is somewhat annoying.One app that I was really looking forward to adding but turns out I can't is the dishpointer app.The kindle has no gps so no dishpointer.:( Although I haven't actually used it I have read many complaints on how the cloud actually works when it comes to storing docs,pics etc.You get 5Gb storage for free and can pay for more.If I can pry it away from the wife I'll try to investigate the cloud a bit more.Would love to figure out a way to share my network shares to it but haven't figured out a way to do that yet.Not sure it's possible.

I did order the wife a stylus and screen protector,anti glare as well as a usb cable to connect to pc for uploading pics etc.So you might say thats one more con it doesn't come with the usb cable on the other hand its certainly cheap enough to buy.

Overall I like it and the wife loves it,for $200 I think it's well worth the price.Lots of possibilities with it.

Last edited:
Glad you are enjoying it. :) Bought one for my teen too. He has played Angry Birds on it, and I think that is about it. lol

Nice to know it works great! I figured it would be good for him as he will be off to college soon!

Glad you are enjoying it. :) Bought one for my teen too. He has played Angry Birds on it, and I think that is about it. lol

Nice to know it works great! I figured it would be good for him as he will be off to college soon!

Isn't that what most people do with their $500 iPads? Play Angry Birds....... :)

Isn't that what most people do with their $500 iPads? Play Angry Birds....... :)

You think that's bad, I've played Angry Birds at work on a 70" Padzilla. Basically a giant coffe table-sized 'iPad case', that looks like a giant iPad that we have in the lobby.

Padzilla 70 Inch iPad/iPhone Case

Edit: ah, knew there was a pic on my phone.

a6fa4081-62ae-ddac.jpg

Last edited:
About a month or so later and the family absolutely loves it! We use it everyday around the house. Haven't enabled 3G service yet. I plan to over the summer for vacations.

So how is it? :)

Its kind of funny, I didn't know this until yesterday but the person who wrote the raffle software that we used this year is actually a SatelliteGuys member! So he contacted me yesterday and asked if there was any kinds of changes or additions I would want made to the raffle program.

I replied back to him and said the perogram is almost perfect but the one thing I would like changed is to have the abaility to give supporting Pub Members and Founders double entries to the contests to help thank them for their support. He shot me back a note saying it was a good idea and then in less then an hour sent me another note that he wrote an add on for the raffle which now lets us give double entries to our supporters. Very cool THANK YOU! We just might have to test it out shortly with some more giveaways. (if the wife approves of course!) :)

Thanks to everyone who entered and congrats to everyone who won. This contest was our way of giving back and saying thank you to all of our members for making us Amercia's Satellite Information Source!

Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts