SatelliteGuys Technolgy Review: The Slingbox from Sling Media

That'd be pretty unrealistic to have HD inputs. Would take a much more powerful encoder and you'd need a lot more upstream bandwidth than most home connections have available. It'd be fine if you were using it on a home network internally for that purpose but watching HD outside your home network would not be realistic.

The bandwidth is increasing dramatically lately it seems so bandwidth may not be an issue in the future when HD is more mainstream.

I just got one of these for Christmas (yay!) and promptly discovered that it will work with an old Linksys WAP11 configured as an "access point client" to my WRT54G. Also it does a great job of controlling my 522 except for a few missing buttons on the remote (menu, recall, pip, swap, position, * and #). But I've only had it running for about an hour so maybe I haven't learned everything there is to know yet :)

I hooked up mine today. Great invention, and very easy setup. get 1500kbs over ethernet. I have a 1200 up and down connection, so I don't see much degradation in signal outside of my home network either. Will I use it everyday? No, but since there are no monthly fees, it will come in handy at work when a big game or event is on, when I have to be at work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts