Sathero SH-100HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a very abbreviated satellite list in mine and not a one happens to be S-2. So, I'm not much help. I'll have to check if there is one on 105W since that is my southernmost satellite. I'll look and see also if the two each side of 105 that I have in my set are S-2 or not. I need to mess with my Ku dish here sometime shortly and I'll try to figure one into the mix.

I'm also curious how it works with S-2 signals?

A little slow, but an answer none the less.

Short answer - not very well.

My Micro HD was showing signal and Q, but not locking, but showing a Q of a bouncing 40 to 50 on the Luken transponder on 87. But, when I inserted the Sathero SH100, it would not show a thing, but did for the Yuma channel on the same satellite. So, I would say it falls into the category of a bit of higher end cheapie meter. I still like it, as it gets me tuned in/up with ease, just be aware of the limitations.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Hi,
I am a newby so forgive me for my stupid questions, but, I bought one of this Sathero 100-HD, how could you add the western satellites on the meter?

Hi,
I am a newby so forgive me for my stupid questions, but, I bought one of this Sathero 100-HD, how could you add the western satellites on the meter?
:welcome2 to Satellite Guys tuty! I don't have a Sathero myself but looks like there is some info on doing it at the site mentioned in post 35. Try downloading the American TP list: http://www.sat-hero.com/upfile/SH100HD/20140819223518_317.rar and editing it to your needs using this procedure: http://www.sat-hero.com/upfile/SH100HD/20140327173428_329.pdf If you have questions, hopefully someone who has done it can respond and give a walk-through. Good luck! :)

Another newby questions, I am trying to locate SatMex 8, I have an 8' antenna and I have oriented the antenna according to the Azimuth and elevation angle for my Latitude but I can not locate the satellite not even using three type of locators. In YouTube it looks easy but I think in reality it is not. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks.

Another newby questions, I am trying to locate SatMex 8, I have an 8' antenna and I have oriented the antenna according to the Azimuth and elevation angle for my Latitude but I can not locate the satellite not even using three type of locators. In YouTube it looks easy but I think in reality it is not. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks.
Have you tried Dishpointer.com? If not, try this: Go to Dishpointer.com and enter your location. Zoom in on the map until you can put the pin at the exact spot your dish is mounted. Select 116.8W from the satellite box. Look along the green line for an object (building, tree, pole) that falls along it. Point your dish there. Also double check your elevation and if not using a motor make sure you skew your lnb correctly. Figures you need are below the map on Dishpointer. :)
PS: Also make sure you are searching for an active transponder.

Make sure you have known active transponders in your Transponder list.

Have you tried Dishpointer.com? If not, try this: Go to Dishpointer.com and enter your location. Zoom in on the map until you can put the pin at the exact spot your dish is mounted. Select 116.8W from the satellite box. Look along the green line for an object (building, tree, pole) that falls along it. Point your dish there. Also double check your elevation and if not using a motor make sure you skew your lnb correctly. Figures you need are below the map on Dishpointer. :)
PS: Also make sure you are searching for an active transponder.

Yes, I have tried dish pointer, and followed their azimuth and elevation angle but still not signal. I am going to measure my focal distance again and see if any changes. I am using a C lnbf and I am following the skew recommended. I tried with birdog, a regular locator and my receiver but not signal. Birdog shows 212 but still searching. I still need to get some signal in my receiver before I look for transponder. Incredible, it seems so easy in youtube but it is not there are a lot of details we newby do not know. Thanks anyway.

Rafael

I still need to get some signal in my receiver before I look for transponder.
Rafael
Do you mean signal or quality? Signal means you have a functioning lnb connected and the receiver sees it. Quality is what you get when you are aimed correctly at a satellite and have a valid transponder programmed in. If you are not seeing any signal there may be a wrong setting in the meter. You might want to try aiming by taking your receiver and a tv out to the dish. Which receiver and lnb are you using? Which satellite are you aiming for? Motorized or stationary dish? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)